Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to Upgrade Tandberg C40

Hi guys,

I want to integrate a Tandberg C40 with CUCM 9.1. I know that I need to upgrade from TC4.1 to TC5.1 or higher but I can't find any information about it. I tried to upgrade using the Tandberg's Web interface-> Upgrade Software with the file s52000tc5_1_8.pkg but it didn't work.

System name:

Software version: TC4.1.0.247017

Product: TANDBERG Codec C40

Module serial number: XXXXXXXXXXXX

IP address: 10.96.5.115

MAC address: XXXXXXXXXX

Valid release key: Yes

Installed options: NaturalPresenter, PremiumResolution

Thanks in advance

Regards

Please remember to rate useful posts clicking on the stars below.
Favor calificar todos las respuestas útiles dando click en las estrellas de mas abajo.

Jens Didriksen
Level 9
Level 9

Have you actually got a release key for TC5.x ? If not, then it won't work.

If you have a valid service contract in place, then you can get the new release key either through the licensing portal or from TAC.

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Try upgrading your C40 to TC4.2.4 first before going to TC5.x or TC6.2.1.

TC6.2 doesn't require you to have a new release key (like TC5 does), it'll work with the TC4 key you already have installed.

Wayne

--

Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne -

TC6.2 doesn't require you to have a new release key (like TC5 does), it'll work with the TC4 key you already have installed.

Correct, after TC6.1 you no longer need a release key, however to get to TC6.1 from an earlier version you still need a release key for TC6.  It's noted in the document below, in the first section.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/servlet/JiveServlet/previewBody/31882-102-1-79217/New%20download%20procedure%20TP%20Endpts%20FINAL.pdf

leosalci -

Is there any more information you're able to provide.

• Do you have a release key for the software version your tryng to upgrade to?
    • See Jen's responce on how to get a release key.  FYI, the licenseing portal is https://cisco.com/go/license/.  Once there, go to Get New > Tandberg SW Release Key.
  • What error message, if any, is displayed to you when you try the upgrade?
It's notedF

Don't forget that even after TC6.1 having a valid service contract is still a requirement, and it must be assosciated with the CCO ID - so no service contract = no software.

So what I said still stands; new release key is required - and a valid service contract must be in place.

/jens

You don't necessarily need the service contract to get the new firmware release - as per the Cisco Security Advisory at http://tools.cisco.com/security/center/content/CiscoSecurityAdvisory/cisco-sa-20130619-tpc, you can receive an upgrade for free.

Wayne

--

Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Good point - I forgot about that security bulletin.

Still need a valid service contract to get any further major releases in the future though.

/jens