Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

I it possible to to have Jabber Users using a single account with multiple SIP address?

Hi All,

We have TMS - 14.2.2

TMSPE - v1 (with FindMe)

VCS - x7.1

Jabber - 4.6

We have a bilingual need to allow users to be contactable via several domain names (i.e. sip:user@domain.com and sip:user@foriegndomain.com). I only want users to ever log on via Jabber with one identity, but be contactable through these different domain lookup. Can this be done through FindMe? Obviously, the relevant domains will have SRV records inserted to point to the relevant expressway.

We use multiple VCS-C/VCS-E deployments, but we only ever had one VCS-C with the FindMe option installed. However, now that we have moved to TMSPE, does the centralised TMS FindMe take over form the localised VCS FIndMe, or would we need the FindMe options installed on all VCS-C where users would have this need - or indeed should we delete the option key for FindMe on the lone VCS?

Many thanks

Chris

Everyone's tags (2)
3 REPLIES

I it possible to to have Jabber Users using a single account wit

Hi Chris!

If all should be reachable by the additional domain, why not do a search rule or transform mapping

removing the additional domain and add the other one.

But that might break presence if you need that, but calls to the additional domains will work fine.

And sure, if you have findme you could also add a mapping via that, you will have to see

how the outbound calling URI looks like at the end and what you want to send out.

Localized findme? You have an easier way to deploy findme, espeically with specific rewrites,

but it you want to rewrite findme on some vcs with tmspe (and I think also just via CPL) you

will need the findme option.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Btw, if you have to VCS-E one in europe  and one in asia you could

have different findmes on the different VCS-E and on the VCS-C you route

calls via a search based on the domain endings for that region to the specific

VCS-E which rewrites it, but sure if a asian company uses .com you might

not be able to route it as wanted without much work

In theory you could also write a CPL server for that purpose which could do

the TLD, domain or even uri lookup and rewrite the outbond address accordingly.

In theory even combined with an ip geo lookup of the ip in the SRV record

So plenty of things are possible if you have the resources :-)

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Phew!

I do have to get to grips with CPL, but writing a server is beyond where I'm at, at this moment in time

Actually however, the bilingual nature or this is aimed at users on a single site (one VCS-E --> one VCS-C). We have to (where possible) supply contact details in two languages, which includes e-mail domains. With e-mail, the domain are pointed at the same server (Exchange) and each user account simply has an alias of the "other" domain. This is more of a legal requirement than something that users actually use!

I like the idea of the simple pre-search transform, but can understand that if a third party user add a contact using user@foriegndomain.com, then presence might not work. We would encourage users to use the main domain, but we have to provide an alternative.

What I haven't consider in a FindMe option of the VCS-E.. We only had a FindMe option key ever added to one of the VCSs, almost as a test rather than a necessity. However as this is our main Control, I am now using a device pattern address match of "{username}.{device.model}.{device.connectivity}@domain.com" for Jabber clients, but of course do have Jabber conneciton the the VCS-E as well.

Views
Helpful
Replies