Views
Helpful
Replies

incoming and outgoing calls from/to VCS Expressway

JustForVoice_2
Level 4
Level 4

Hi everyone,

I have one customer he has Polycom video conference solution. now they are going to implement Cisco Tandberg, I want to configure the new solution to simulate the old one. I have now two points are not clear for me and hope someone can help:

1- Dialing outside (out of the organization):

They are dialing some addresses like this: 12345@80.138.20.54, extension or E164 followed by the Real IP address.

2- Receiving Calls:

If someone out the organization wants to call someone inside, he can call like this 80.80.90.45##1199 (Real IP address ## Extension)

anyone can give me hints about how I can do this in VCS Expressway

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You replied before I could edit my post.  In the past when I had a Polycom soft client on my computer, I was able to dial into our video network via a VCS with the Polycom formatted address (IP##alias) without issue and without any configuration on the VCS.

The transform would only be needed if you were inside the network calling out with a Polycom client and used that type of address to call out.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
  1. This will still work with Cisco products.
  2. You can use the following transform to convert Polycom formatted addresses to Cisco.
    • Type:  Regex
    • Pattern string:  (.+)##(.+)
    • Pattern behavior:  Replace
    • Replace string:  \2@\1

Thank you for your reply,

Do you mean I have to create transform?

You replied before I could edit my post.  In the past when I had a Polycom soft client on my computer, I was able to dial into our video network via a VCS with the Polycom formatted address (IP##alias) without issue and without any configuration on the VCS.

The transform would only be needed if you were inside the network calling out with a Polycom client and used that type of address to call out.

thank you fro your reply,

in the previous cases shall I take care about the protocol or no need the VCS will take care and while I have traversal license

I meant to say, depending on the Polycom endpoint and software version, it should be able to call either H323 and/or SIP, to limit interworking.  I can't say which Polycom versions etc, as I only support 1 Polycom HDX codec in our huge pool of Cisco codecs.

Thank you too much,

the scenario that I have is CUCM => VCS Control => VCS Express to replace Polycom.

so VCS express should accept the incoming calls using this template:

Real IP address ## Extension , as per my understanding I have to do the following (please correct me if I am wrong)

VCS Express: Transform (Real IP address ## Extenstion) to extension@domain.com through the traversal zone

Correct, the transform needs to be on the VCS where you might call using that scenario.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: