Views
Helpful
Replies

incoming and outgoing calls from/to VCS Expressway

JustForVoice_2
Level 4
Level 4

Hi everyone,

I have one customer he has Polycom video conference solution. now they are going to implement Cisco Tandberg, I want to configure the new solution to simulate the old one. I have now two points are not clear for me and hope someone can help:

1- Dialing outside (out of the organization):

They are dialing some addresses like this: 12345@80.138.20.54, extension or E164 followed by the Real IP address.

2- Receiving Calls:

If someone out the organization wants to call someone inside, he can call like this 80.80.90.45##1199 (Real IP address ## Extension)

anyone can give me hints about how I can do this in VCS Expressway

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You replied before I could edit my post.  In the past when I had a Polycom soft client on my computer, I was able to dial into our video network via a VCS with the Polycom formatted address (IP##alias) without issue and without any configuration on the VCS.

The transform would only be needed if you were inside the network calling out with a Polycom client and used that type of address to call out.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
  1. This will still work with Cisco products.
  2. You can use the following transform to convert Polycom formatted addresses to Cisco.
    • Type:  Regex
    • Pattern string:  (.+)##(.+)
    • Pattern behavior:  Replace
    • Replace string:  \2@\1

Thank you for your reply,

Do you mean I have to create transform?

You replied before I could edit my post.  In the past when I had a Polycom soft client on my computer, I was able to dial into our video network via a VCS with the Polycom formatted address (IP##alias) without issue and without any configuration on the VCS.

The transform would only be needed if you were inside the network calling out with a Polycom client and used that type of address to call out.

thank you fro your reply,

in the previous cases shall I take care about the protocol or no need the VCS will take care and while I have traversal license

I meant to say, depending on the Polycom endpoint and software version, it should be able to call either H323 and/or SIP, to limit interworking.  I can't say which Polycom versions etc, as I only support 1 Polycom HDX codec in our huge pool of Cisco codecs.

Thank you too much,

the scenario that I have is CUCM => VCS Control => VCS Express to replace Polycom.

so VCS express should accept the incoming calls using this template:

Real IP address ## Extension , as per my understanding I have to do the following (please correct me if I am wrong)

VCS Express: Transform (Real IP address ## Extenstion) to extension@domain.com through the traversal zone

Correct, the transform needs to be on the VCS where you might call using that scenario.

Thanks