cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Interop MCU

ouhakheme
Level 3
Level 3

Hey guys, good to see a TelePresence forum. I have a question about the new CUVC-5230 MCU. I assume that this will provide the TelePresence and H323 Interoperability, but will it also eliminate the need for the CTMS?

I assume the answer is no, but just making sure.

Thank you.

Ohamien

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

trunyan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The CUVC interconnects to the TelePresence endpoints via the CTMS during a multipoint interop call. So the CTMS is required for all TelePresence interop multipoint calls.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

trunyan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The CUVC interconnects to the TelePresence endpoints via the CTMS during a multipoint interop call. So the CTMS is required for all TelePresence interop multipoint calls.

Good deal. Thank you.

Has the quality improved during interop from CIF, H261 and G711

In CTS 1.6 and CTMS 1.6 using new CUVC HW we have HD Interop with Tandberg, LifeSize, Polycom etc.

What are you saying? We don't have that with the new CUVC and version 1.5 of CTS?

Hey Gonzalo, I just realized that you currently own one of my TAC cases. All of these years, I've known you on the netpro! =)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: