Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Address Mapping

reindl_mc
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Community

I have a VCS-E 7.2 and VCS-C 7.2 running in virutal Environment.

Customer wants to dial from extern via IP to the VCS-E. So at VCS-E there is an incoming call for example 85.247.66.46

I have tryed to make a transformation for 85.247.66.46 to 4000@video.customer.com but this transformation never takes control over the incoming request ?

Is this dialing not possible for the VCS-E for transformation ?

Kind Regards

BR

6 Replies 6

Not sure why yours isn't working, you might want to check what your search history is showing.

Alternatively, you could use a search rule instead of a transform, e.g:

Alias pattern match, Exact

String: 85.247.66.46

Replace with:

4000@video.customer.com

Target: VCS-C traversal zone

This is what I have already tried, but the rule does not match... I do not know why !?

The search history shows at Destination only the external IP Address... so normally the rule should match.

I'm confused....

You want to dial IP_address  ----> VCS-E ----->VCS-C----->Destination?

I can't see how that could possibly work unless you dial the IP address of the VCS-E, and then use the fallback alias option on the VCS-E to send the call to 4000@video.customer.com.

Or am I missing something here?

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Yes this is what I want to dial:

IP_address  ----> VCS-E ----->VCS-C----->Destination

No Transformation or Dialrule can translate this... I do not know why it does not match. When I configure the fallback alias then it will match, but from the Default Zone I can not create a Link to the Traversal Zone to VCS so the fallback is not working. =(

But you do have a traversal zone on both the VCS-E and the VCS-C, and this this showing as "active"?

Is the end-point you are trying to reach properly registered on the VCS-C, i.e. ff you use the "locate" tool on the VCS-C, does it find 4000@video.customer.com?

If you use the "locate" tool on the VCS-E, does it also find 4000@video.customer.com without setting this address as fallback alias?

Does it find it when the address has been set as fallback alias?

You shouldn't have to create a link between the TZ and DZ on the VCS-C, sounds like you've got a config problem, maybe missing some default links?

You could restore the default links using CLI: xCommand DefaultLinksAdd

Just be aware this will restore all the links to default, factory state.

Other than that, it might be an idea to open a TAC case, which you can do from this thread.

/jens