cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Phone Error

e.huntley
Level 1
Level 1

I can't seem to get my IP Phone to work with the TP unit for the life of me and finding good documentation seems to be even harder.

I have a CTS-500 running the latest 1.7.0.2.  I have a 7975 running 8-5-3SR1 which is what the compatibility matrix says I should be running.  I have tried on both version 7.1.3 and 8.0.3 of CUCM but I keep running into the same error.  Everything is registered.

In the CTS web interface my Room Phone has a Red X by it and the error is "Connection: error; Software: Unable to retrieve software  version"

However in that same screen I can see the system information where it is telling my my phone type, MAC address and software version. 

Is there something more obvious I am missing.

Thanks in advance

2 Replies 2

tihopper
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The software version the error is referring to are the IP phone midlets, or the phone UI that runs on the Telepresence phone.  Sounds like it isn't finding the midlet from your description.  Is your IP phone registered with CUCM?

In CTS 1.7 you must configure midlets for the phone UI.  On your IP phone screen, do you have the phone UI present (should be several buttons - Directories, Favorites, etc. displaying in the middle of the phone screen)?  Are any error messages present on the IP phone, or do you see the "normal" blue phone screen?  If you see the nor

Is your IP phone properly configured for the IP phone midlet in CUCM (depending on which CUCM version you are running - 7.X, 8.X)?

The configuration guide can be found here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/telepresence/cucm_cts/cucm_cts_admin_book/guide/cucm_cts_admin_midlets.html

HTH -

Tina

e.huntley
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for putting me on the right track.  Got it all working now