cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is Jabber Video for iPad EoL´d?

epicolo
Level 3
Level 3

I didn´t saw an announcement that the Jabber Video for iPad was retired, but the app is not at the Apple Store anymore.

I can only find the new Jabber 10.5, but this one don´t allow to register at VCS+TMS.

Any tip how can we download the latest Cisco Jabber Video app? or how to make the 10.5 to register at VCS?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

A new version (9.3.9) was released over the weekend - including compatibility for iOS 8.

https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/cisco-jabber-video-for-ipad/id540243083?mt=8

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I think I heard a month or two back that it was going to be, but like you, I haven't seen an announcement on it.

I think Cisco couldn´t simply remove the app without advice or substitution.

What do I answer to the Sales Director, that paid for X TMS licenses for your department and want to use his iPad today, for an emergency meeting that he is traveling, and can´t download it?

Pretty rare this situation...

Interesting...looks like they are not publishing the VCS version anymore. Only the Cisco Jabber 10..x and I see Jabber guest as well which is probably taking the place of Cisco Jabber for Video that we are accustom to. It does look like they are separate apps so as long as you do not delete your current Jabber app you should be fine. Plus since there are separate it will not auto update and delete your current one?

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I asked around, and received the following response a few minutes ago:

Hi Folks,

Jabber Video has been temporarily removed from the AppStore.   It was removed yesterday due to a support issue. We currently have an updated version in review with Apple and a new release should be back on the AppStore shortly.

Bryan
Jabber Technical Marketing

A new version (9.3.9) was released over the weekend - including compatibility for iOS 8.

https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/cisco-jabber-video-for-ipad/id540243083?mt=8

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

FYI, Jabber Video for iPad just went EOL yesterday, 09/15/14.

End-of-Sale and End-of-Life Announcement for the Cisco Jabber Video for iPad - Cisco

Not only JabberVideo for iPad, but JabberVideo in general:http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/collaboration-endpoints/jabber-video-telepresence-movi/eos-eol-notice-c51-732787.html

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Yeah..

They had a note at the top of the Jabber Video for iPad announcement that Jabber Video for TelePresence (Movi) had it's own EOL announcement, but the dates were the same between the two products.

It sucks for us VCS only based environments, because the "recommended replacement" product is a CUCM based client.  Some of us don't have CUCM and never will because we don't need it, and won't get it just to get a video client.

I agree - and we're in the same boat - we're a VCS only shop, with no CUCM.

But, with all the roadmaps and new products slowly pushing that way, we're looking at putting in a video only CUCM, and so have a few others around these parts.

All the roadmaps point to a CUCM world, with VCS only being there to support legacy and/or third party endpoints.  TMS going to just a scheduling system.  All management moving to Prime.  H.323 being legacy and everything new being SIP.  (See attached grab from a Cisco presentation)

Cisco are marketing it similar to when there was the big push for an ISDN to IP migration.

But this is all getting a bit off-topic from the Original Post.

Wayne
--

Wayne

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: