cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is MX700, MX800 and SX80 supported on VCS?

Jesus Sanchez
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I was wondering if the new MX700, MX800 and SX80 are supported on VCS.

The datasheets mention only CUCM, but doesnt mention VCS.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

zlxuso2010
Level 1
Level 1

Guessing a lot of people have the similar questions. We were confirmed by a  Cisco Support Engineer that SX and MX serials are supported by VCS (maybe need latest version, like V8.1.1), whereas DX serials are only supported by CUCM.

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

zlxuso2010
Level 1
Level 1

Guessing a lot of people have the similar questions. We were confirmed by a  Cisco Support Engineer that SX and MX serials are supported by VCS (maybe need latest version, like V8.1.1), whereas DX serials are only supported by CUCM.

Hope that helps.

I've kept looking into this.

MX700 includes software version TC7.1.2 which is supported on VCS version 8.1 and avobe. 

There is no document that explicitely mentions that MX700 is supported by VCS... but, based on the software compatilibity... i think it is inferred that it does.

My comment has been confirmed by a Cisco virtual SE.

Jens Didriksen
Level 9
Level 9

Yes, you can use these systems with VCS, but be aware these systems are all single stack, so can only register with SIP or H.323, not both protocols as compared to the C-series where you can register the system with a VCS with both SIP and H.323 addresses.

Guess they're only mentioning CUCM in the datasheet as Cisco wants users to migrate to SIP and use CUCM for CAC instead of the VCS, and then use VCS for firewall traversal.

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: