cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is there a way to see SIP to SIP calls in TMS?

Rene Tessier
Level 1
Level 1

I am using TMS 13.0.1, VCS and VCSE X6.1 and currently have about 150 MOVI clients. I would like to be able to see Ad-hoc calls between 2 MOVI in my TMS conference Control Center.  The only way I see a MOVI is when they talk to an H.323 system (either endpoint or MCU)

Is this available and I don't know how to set it up or is it not part of TMS?

Am i the only one that would like this feature?

16 Replies 16

Jens Didriksen
Level 9
Level 9

Haven't had a look at Movi <->Movi, but just connected in to my office unit from home using Movi (SIP<->SIP) and it shows up ok in TMS. We use a lot SIP between our end-points as well, both MXPs and C-series, and they all show up, both scheduled and ad-hocs. You've made me curious now, so I'll have check Movi <-> Movi when back at work on Monday, however, it would be strange if it didn't show up as it's just another SIP<->SIP call.

You might want to think about upgrading though, as we're on 13.1.2 and X7.02.

cheers jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

The check is in the mail for my maintenance, so I have to wait a wile longer to do the updates. I mostly do H.323 for all my endpoints as i have mostly older equipment, most of the SIP to SIP is MOVI only and when interacting, VCS translate.

Hmm, interesting, Movi <-> Movi calls are indeed not shown in TMS, SIP calls between endpoints and Movi, and between endpoints only, all show up, But Movi/Movi...nope

As for upgrading, you can upgrade TMS to 13.1.2 without a new release key as it's a dot release.

cheers jens

Kjetil Ree
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The Conference Control Center will only show calls involving et least one system managed by TMS. As Movi isn't a TMS managed system, Movi <-> Movi calls won't show in the CCC.

Regards,

Kjetil

Movi is not a system, but its managed/provisioned via TMS, I did not test it but the same issue

might occur with provisioned endpoints (TC5 seems to be out (soon), incl xml files for provisioning).

For me the  CDR handling in TMS is less then ideal.

In theory the integration in between VCS and TMS with the "external manager" should give TMS all the information it needs, but TMS does not give it to us admins.

Its not only movi, also 3rd party devices or integration calls which wont be shown.

So it would be a good thing in the future if full call information (cdrs) from the VCS could be found in TMS.

Martin

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Well put Martin, totally agree - it would also be great if number of available Movi licences, total and free, was right there on the portal page...let's see what 13.2 will bring.

As for TC5, it's out now, I just finished upgrading all of my C-series systems

This is exactly what I am talking about, TMS does not show properly the MOVI to MOVI communication in any way shape or form, the sad thing is that I now have just about as many MOVI than H.323 endpoints and they are very difficult to track unless they either do any type of protocol translation, then I see them in TMS.  As I thing about 25% of my VC are MOVI to MOVI, it's about time Cisco treaded theses communications the same way they treat H.323 (or registered endpoints)  As I assume that if you have registered endpoints doing SIP to SIP with other registered endpoints, it will be tracked.

I have spoken to my Cisco rep of this frustration before, and the way I see it, unless more people ask about this capability, it will not be incorporated.

Have you submitted as a feature request? This is a point of pain for us as well so I will submit as a feature request as well.

That would be great as I am between maintenance right now. I have submitted my procurement, but it takes a while to get sent to Cisco.

I will also submit it when I am back in Cisco's grace.

Thank you

kiquigle
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi all, the main purpose of CCC is to provide a management surface for multipoint and high touch (direct managed) systems. If you are simply looking to see real-time calls and call history, you have several options.

You can see real-time call traffic loading your VCSs by viewing the "Active Calls" tab of the VCS in the Systems Navigator page for that VCS (or VCS cluster member). This view is real-time, and shows the source IP/Alias and destination IP/alias. You can view historical call data using the built-in reporting or the more extensive Analytics Extension, which uses multidimensional data sources to allow you to refine and drill down/through call data.

Thanks,

Kieron

TMS Product Management

Hi Kieron!

How detailled is the Analytics extension regarging movi2movi, non managed endpoints, generic VCS-CDRs?

I do not see any way to get historic data like that out of the standard TMS.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

TMS Analytics Extension is quite deep, and you would be much better served engaging your account team for more information!

Kieron

That's fine Kieron, but....considering we now have more and more Movi users, and 3 stand-alone VCS'; two VCS-C and one VCS-E, that means we would have to 3 instances of TMS open just to see these calls - having this as part of CCC, would be so much more efficient - considering we can see Movi<-->Endpoint calls, I really can't see why Movi<-->Movi calls could not be incorporated into CCC in the future.

cheers jens

I think you have to look at why you want to look at the calls before you consider opening up a bunch of pages for the sake of monitoring in real-time. As Movi (now a Jabber flavor) adoption grows, you simply cannot watch all of the calls occur for the sake of watching, there are too many.

Again, the main purpose of CCC is for conference management, where the operator can take automation control of the participants or multipoint resource.

Do you have a specific use case in mind, outside of just listing/seeing the calls?

Kieron

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: