Views
Helpful
Replies

ISDN GW 3200 – Boot up Loop

Haydn von Imhof
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Guys

Does anyone know if there is a way to reload the main image or boot loader software on an Codian 3200 ISDN GW?

I have an ISDN GW that is stuck in a book up loop.

If I watch the start up process through a serial session I see that as the MCU command line become active (displays - GW:) the ISDN GW reboots.

I have tried upgrading and downgrading the unit using the Flash card but no luck.

I last effort is to try reload main image or the boot loader software and see it that’s works unless anyone else has any ideas.

5 Replies 5

aarnetjasonb
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Haydn,

If you have access to a compact flash card of 256Mb capacity or below, you can download the firmware zip file from the FTP site or Cisco download site and extract the files on your desktop. Rename the extracted bin file image as kupgrade then power cycle the ISDN GW with the card in the unit and a console cable attached and you should see the boot loader take a copy of the CF firmware and install it to the unit.

Further information on this restore process can be found at

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/articles/cisco_telepresence_upgrade_using_external_compact_flash_kb_16.shtml

Cheers,
Jason

I have tried that. Did not work.

But thanks for the info anyway.

Hi Haydn,

If you raise a TAC case for this problem i can help step you through a more complex process we have been taugh by R&D which is a detailed KUPGRADE process that uses a specific file created by R&D.

Unfortunately i cannot supply you with the software on this forum, but we can go through the motions via a TAC case.

Thanks.

Nathan

Thanks for the reply Nathan

I would love to open a TAC case for the unit. But the Serial number is not covered by any service contract.

The GW was given to me some time ago by Tandberg as a demo unit.

Unless you can cover the system under a DEMO contract as TAC has done for me on other systems I can’t log a call for it.

Please feel free to contact me though if you need more info.

haydnv@omegadigital.co.za

Hi Haydn,

I would like to help you out via a TAC case, but if the unit was given to you as a demo unit quite some time ago, this device really should have been transfered under a service contract knowing that it was only "given" to you as a demo unit, especially if you have decided to continue using it.

I will try and gather some information for you that i can write up here in the Support Community for you, but honestly this device should really be covered by a service contract to gain the appropriate type of support needed.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: