cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

ISDN Link Issues with EX90 - BRI Inbound calling Issue

Hi there,

I have just recently installed the ISDN link device with an EX90, and I'm getting issues with inbound dialling. The EX90 is running TC6.2 software and I upgraded the ISDN link device to IL1.1.0, which has been automatically paired to the EX90.

The ISDN device is connected to 3 x 128K BRI interface which is being MUX'd through a PBX. I'm in Australia using EURO as the ISDN switch type. I have been informed by the voice team that they are using ETSI as the ISDN switch protocol, so this should be right..

External calls are working fine. I can make an external call (using a prefix number XXXX then the ISDN number.. Can make outbound 384k calls no problem.

The problem is with inbound dialling from another ISDN endpoint (in this case a Polycom VSX7000e). The call ends up on the the EX90 and when you answer the call (via the touchpad) it then has another call showing up on the touch pad (for which seems to be an audio only call) When you hit DECLINE on the touch pad for the second call, the video call goes through (sometimes with no video) BUT the call rate is at 128K and the quality is terrible. I can never get a 384K call initiated.

Any ideas on why two calls would be ending up on the EX90 and any recommendations on a fix?. This is becoming quite an issue as this is for a CEO office

I have attached a screen shot of the ISDN link config pages if that might help..

Any help would be appreciated.

Steve

2 REPLIES
VIP Purple

Hi Steven,

At a guess, having seen something similar before, it's the configuration of the ISDN lines through the PABX, and how the multiple ISDN services are grouped/bonded (if the PABX actually supports this).

In the past when I've seen this, it has been extremely difficult to get the PABX people to fix it.  I've usually ended up getting seperate ISDN services (bypassing the PABX).

Wayne

--

Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.
Community Member

Thanks for your response Wayne.

I ended up finding a fix for the issue. I turned the BRI alert, and changed the AutoActivation to > Selected.

All inbound calls are now bonded.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content