cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber 4.7 VCS-c TMS MCU - escalating p-to-p Jabber to Multipoint

Mark Bench
Level 1
Level 1

How can I escalate to a multipoint call using Jabber 4.7 and variuos endpoints on my internal network.Thanks for all your help.

Here's my current set-up

-- Cisco MCU 4501

- sip enabled

- registered to TMS

-- VCS-c

-- TMS

-- Jabber 4.7 for PC Users

-- Polycom HDX's

-- Cisco C20's

P-to-P Jabber 4.7 is working fine.

5 Replies 5

Jens Didriksen
Level 9
Level 9

You could use Multiway, as you don't say which software version the VCS-C is running, choose the relevant Multiway Deployment Guide from here:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/unified-communications/telepresence-video-communication-server-vcs/products-installation-and-configuration-guides-list.html

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Yes, there are different guides mentioning different versions, but the core element is here more

that a VCS is used without the conductor.

The feature "Multiway" is a combination of different features. Its settings on the MCU, VCS and the provisioning,

as well it needs to be supported by the endpoint initiating the join (JV4.7 is ok) as well as the endpoint getting

joined. So you also want to check on their software version, especially regards 3rd party devices like your HDXs.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

This is where am at at this point. I can booked conference over TMS (SVer14.3.1) adding Cisco MCU 4501 (SV4.3) VCS (SV 7.2.2)

Call will initiate to MCU and C20's "status Connected on MCU" but Jabber (4.7)  will fail ?

Log Event VCS :

TVCS: Event= "Call Rejected" Service="SIP" Src-ip="111.111.111.111" Src-port="61654" etc etc etc ...

Hoping I can get this resolve with you guys help ... Thanks .

Check out the deployment guide. There are some pre-req on TMS, VCS and MCU which have

to be matched to get it working.

Just as a short summary. the VCS will generate a unique ID for each new request. (see conference factory

conf on the VCS) this alias has to be reachable and auto created on the MCU (port reservation off,

auto generation of conferences on). The conference factory and the auto generated aliases have

to be properly routed then it should work. But like Jens said, check the guide.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Mark Bench
Level 1
Level 1

please read-on ! thanks all  for the assistance !!