Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Jabber 80/443 tunneling

Hi

So if i understand the documentation correctly, Jabber telepresence now allows tunneling over 80/443 if it cant get out on the normal ports? If I have understood correctly, can someone explain or show an example of what I need to set on the SRV?

I found this on the admin guide but its not especially clear.

"In deployments that support this functionality, Jabber Video will now perform connectivity checks using DNS

to find TURN servers and ports after signing in.   If specified in the SRV records and supported by the TURN

server, Jabber Video can use any ports including 80 (HTTP) and 443 (HTTPS).

Jabber Video looks for ports in the following order of priority:"

In addition, it seems that new VCS's are shipping with 1800 turn licenses, but old ones are still stuck with the 70 turn licences. Is there a way I can get 1800 turn licences for my older VCS's?

Many thanks

Rohan

• TelePresence
1 REPLY

Jabber 80/443 tunneling

I would assume this is for 3rd party deployments (I had seen there are also some other things Jabber supports).

I do not see that you can use TURN with 80/443 TCP on the VCS for now.

Guess contacting your Cisco  partner or SE/licensing team regards the TURN licenses would be the way to go.

Martin

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.