Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Jabber can't 'work' from external (internet) but 'work' fine from internal.

Hi All,

I had issues with my jabber,

in my case I just use local DNS server for internal jabber client and use etc host for external jabber client in laptop.

Login and call from internal jabber works fine, but I can't login use jabber from external ( internet).

There is no firewall in my LAB topology,

just :

-> MCU 5310

public -> router -> switch     -> VCS-E (static NAT 1:1)

-> VCS-C

-> TMS

VCS-E use single NIC and it NATed 1:1 to public.

and here is screen capture DNS lookup from my VCS-E and VCS-C.

Capture ex.JPG

Capture c.JPG

Please advise..

thanks

Ovindo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Jabber can't 'work' from external (internet) but 'work' fine fro

Hello!

In short, if you use 1:1 NAT it is mandatory to have the "dual interface option", even if you only

use one interface, but that enables a field to define the external nat-ip address.

Also all communication to that interface have to go to the external ip address.

You want to use SRV records in addition to the a records if that domain shall be reachable.

Check out the deployment guides, especially:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/vcs/config_guide/Cisco_VCS_Basic_Configuration_Control_with_Expressway_Deployment_Guide_X7-2.pdf

Besides that, there are many postings addressing similar issues here in the forum, please use the search and/or google.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

2 REPLIES

Hello!

In short, if you use 1:1 NAT it is mandatory to have the "dual interface option", even if you only

use one interface, but that enables a field to define the external nat-ip address.

Also all communication to that interface have to go to the external ip address.

You want to use SRV records in addition to the a records if that domain shall be reachable.

Check out the deployment guides, especially:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/vcs/config_guide/Cisco_VCS_Basic_Configuration_Control_with_Expressway_Deployment_Guide_X7-2.pdf

Besides that, there are many postings addressing similar issues here in the forum, please use the search and/or google.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Dear Martin Koch,

Thanks

Ovindo

Views
Helpful
Replies