cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber Phonebook 'Critical Connection Error'

Agile Support
Level 1
Level 1

Can someone please suggest why this could be happenning? TMS is complaining of a critical error whereby it cannot import phonebook data from TMS. I can confirm that the password is correct, the provisiong tab on the VCS shows 4 green ticks, the TMS agent service has been restarted about 20 times, health checks ran, cleanups ran but yet the phonebook is blank. This is a new installation of Jabber (lastest software on VCS, TMS & Jabber) and the Jabber clients are able to log in, call the MCU and other Jabber etc, the only issue does appear to be this phonebook conection, it has me stumped :-)

Any ideas please?

TMS Phonebook Error.jpg

TMS Provisioning Diagnostics.JPG

VCSc Provisiong tab.JPG

8 Replies 8

Agile Support
Level 1
Level 1

Nothing?...

It's still an issue so I'm presuming it will require a TAC case...

Will post any findngs...

Hello

Can you attach logs from TMS please?

Thanks!

Rafal

Hello,

Could you check password:

Administrative Tools > Configuration > Provisioning Extension Settings

Under the Cisco TMS Connection section.

Regards,

Baris.

Hi Rafal

Log files uploaded for you to view.

Cheers

Hello

Can you ask DB admin to enable use of 'Ole Automation Procedures' on SQL?

Also can you try create one phone book, then:

- open new created phone book, click on access control and tick groups and tick 'Apply settings....'

- after that please go to sources and connect to required source for this phonebook.

- please make sure that you can update it

- try with Jabber user if you can view phonebook entry.

Thanks

Rafal

Thanks for this Rafal. Unfortuanatley the customer did not want to enable "Ole Automation" due to security issues. !!!

Double checked the tmspe account admin rights and that is ok.

We tried to do another install of this but continue to get this below :

any other ideas.

Regards

Hello

Thank you for the update.

To be honest at this stage I would suggest to open TAC case. This way you will get it resolved quickly.

Cheers

Rafal

We have re- installed TMSPE AGAIN , Exactly the same way as the last 3 times and it has NOW suddenly started working.We also restarted the TMS Provisioning Extension windows service and there are  NO Alarms and everything is working.....GO FIGURE !!!

We have done nothing different and dont know why it has suddenly started installed sucessfully as we have changed nothing on the server or network. Anyway I thought I should just mention this as I now wonder if this situation has occurred with anyone else.

Many thanks for all of your assistance everyone

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: