Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber video and bandwidth probing

I'm having some issues with Jabber video and bandwidth probing.  Note that I'm just using WAN emulation in a lab at the moment, limiting to 800Kb/s.

I've got the TURN server etc configured on the TMSPE provisioning template and it appears to be working OK - when I go to Quick Setup in Jabber video, the bandwidth probe runs and returns results saying I will have low quality, which is exactly as I expected (this doesn't work if I change/remove the TURN server in the template).  The problem I have is that this doesn't seem to adjust the outgoing bandwidth of a call - even if it's limited to 512Kb/s, it still makes a 1Mb/s call, gets a bunch of packet loss and eventually settles down at 512Kb/s.  This takes a good 10 - 20 seconds per call.

I'm not sure if this is expected behaviour, but I'd much rather it make a call at whatever the limited bandwidth is, rather than attempting to call at a higher bandwidth first.  Is this possible?

1 Reply 1

I should also say that if I hard set the bandwidth to a low level from the Jabber client it works fine but I don't want my users to have to do that.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: