cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber Video (Movi) MSI Registry Entries

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Is there a way to edit the Jabber Video (Movi) MSI to input the forced HKLM registry entries in for you when someone runs the installer.  I was able to input the registry entries into the MSI, but it doesn't want to place the keys into the registry when someone installs Jabber Video.  I'm trying to limit the amount of steps a user would have to take, to prevent them from having to run the MSI and then a .bat file or additional commands to have the settings applied.  Also, there are two additional registry values (AutoStartAtLogon and AutoSignIn) I'm applying to Jabber Video in the forced directory of the registry that aren't mentioned in the admin guide being capable of passing to the MSI when installed, so I can't go that route anyway.

Any ideas, or how this could be done?

Thanks

3 Replies 3

Steve Kapinos
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Make sure permissions are not part of your problem... try 'run as administrator' when testing to avoid any UAC limits

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Thanks Steve for the responce, there is no "Run as Administrator" option for an MSI.  The MSI is able to write to the HKLM tree, just not to the SOFTWARE\Cisco\JabberVideo\Forced key.

I figured out what the problem is, if you input registry entries into the registry table of the MSI, it does write them to HKLM tree.  However, looking at the installation log, there is a removeforcedconfig action after the registry entries get written, which actually removes any HKLM forced entries you just added.  The removeforcedconfig action is before Jabber Video installation starts to import any MSI switches that are used at launch.  I just cleared the removeforcedconfig line from the installer so that it will skip it and not clear the added registry entries from the forced registry key.