cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Join meeting option unavailable and Touch Panel displays meeting in progress.

Sandesh Rao
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We had a video conference within our company, below are the list of endpoints involved in the conference 

Tandber C60 --  TC5.1.3.292001
Cisco TP SX20 --  TC6.3.0.3d8e7d1
Cisco TP MX 200 -- TC6.3.0.3d8e7d1
Cisco TP MX 300 -- TC6.3.0.3d8e7d1

We have touch pannel connected  to all the above codec. We noticed that Join Meeting option is sometimes unavailable and Touch Panel displays meeting in progress.

Can you please let me know why this issue is intermittent.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Sandesh,

If a conference is booked as reservation in TMS, it is expected that the "Join" buttons on the endpoints are disabled.

For more information on how and why bookings from Outlook could be "downgraded" to reservation, see page 59-60 of the TMSXE Deployment Guide.

Regards,
Kjetil

View solution in original post

18 Replies 18

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Is a specific endpoint that has the issue all the time, or does it happen on all of them?

If it's the same ones that are having the issue, perhaps they are nto configured correctly, or missing the multi-site licences, or aren't configured for Multiway (if you use that).

I'd also recommend a firmware update on all of those endpoints to address the security vulnerabilities in those versions of software (see http://tools.cisco.com/security/center/content/CiscoSecurityAdvisory/cisco-sa-20140605-openssl).

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Hi Wayne,

Thanks for your reply.

It happens on all the devices and as i mentioned earlier it is intermittent.

We are planning to upgrade the devices to the latest firmware.

Which logs do we need to check for these issues ? Codec or Touch Panel or TMS ?

Sandesh

The best place to look would be the Endpoint logs, not the Touch or TMS.

Are you able to provide a screenshot of the error so we can see which message it is?

One more thought - and an issue I had previously encountered - are these meetings you have scheduled through TMS?  And if so, what is the "Picture Mode" set to in the conference?  We'd had issues with TC codecs when this is set to "Enhanced CP" and have had to move it back to "Continuous Presence".  The bug IDs are: CSCum50651 and CSCum50686.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Hi Wayne,

Please find attached screen shot of the error.

All conferences are booked through Outlook.

Sandesh

That looks similar to what we were experiencing when we had our issues - the endpoint would get the messages that the conference was starting, but the endpoint didn't connect - the conference was still running and the endpoint got the warnings near the end of the meeting that the conference was ending - but there was never any audio or video.

I'd check the default conference setting on TMS (Administrative Tools > Configuration > Conference Settings) and check the "Default Picture Mode" setting.  Make it "Continuous Presence" or "Voice Switched".

PS - The bugs I mentioned before were fixed in TMS 14.4, so a TMS upgrade may be another fix for your problem.

Edit: It could also be a particular user is changing the setting for one of the conferences when they book it through Outlook - this can be done on the Cisco form when booking - there's a "Picture Mode" field on there too.  Or, someone could have changed that meeting in TMS. 

Wayne
--

Wayne
--

Hi Wayne,

The conference settings on TMS is set to "Continuous Presence" and TMS version is 14.3.1.

Also end users dont have access to TMS to change conference settings.

Please let me know if End Point logs will be helpful to troubleshoot this type of issue.

Sandesh

From the end point logs i can find some error before the start of the conference at 15:00 hrs on Aug 18th.

Can you please let me know what these error are.

\var\log\eventlog\all.log :
===========================

Line 53: Aug 18 14:57:34 (none) main: 144977.35 RTP !ER decodeRtcpPacket::readBYE(sid=0) error validating RTCP packet
Line 56: Aug 18 14:57:34 (none) main: 144977.36 RTP !ER decodeRtcpPacket::readBYE(sid=2) error validating RTCP packet
Line 59: Aug 18 14:57:34 (none) main: 144977.36 RTP !ER decodeRtcpPacket::readBYE(sid=3) error validating RTCP packet

\var\log\eventlog\all.log.first :
=================================
Line 3859: Aug 18 14:56:36 (none) main: 144918.68 H224 !ER rx(p=8): HDLC decode error [len=0] (so far 1 pkts dropped)
Line 3860: Aug 18 14:56:36 (none) main: 144918.68 H224 !ER rx(p=8): HDLC decode error [len=0] (so far 2 pkts dropped)
Line 3861: Aug 18 14:56:36 (none) main: 144918.68 H224 !ER rx(p=8): HDLC decode error [len=0] (so far 3 pkts dropped)
Line 3974: Aug 18 14:56:37 (none) main: 144920.21 RTP !ER decodeRtcpPacket::readBYE(sid=8) error validating RTCP packet
Line 4034: Aug 18 14:56:39 (none) main: 144922.34 RTP !ER decodeRtcpPacket::readBYE(sid=3) error validating RTCP packet

\var\log\eventlog\application.log.first :
=========================================
Line 2961: Aug 18 14:56:36 (none) main: 144918.68 H224 !ER rx(p=8): HDLC decode error [len=0] (so far 1 pkts dropped)
Line 2962: Aug 18 14:56:36 (none) main: 144918.68 H224 !ER rx(p=8): HDLC decode error [len=0] (so far 2 pkts dropped)
Line 2963: Aug 18 14:56:36 (none) main: 144918.68 H224 !ER rx(p=8): HDLC decode error [len=0] (so far 3 pkts dropped)
Line 3071: Aug 18 14:56:37 (none) main: 144920.21 RTP !ER decodeRtcpPacket::readBYE(sid=8) error validating RTCP packet
Line 3126: Aug 18 14:56:39 (none) main: 144922.34 RTP !ER decodeRtcpPacket::readBYE(sid=3) error validating RTCP packet
Line 3268: Aug 18 14:57:34 (none) main: 144977.35 RTP !ER decodeRtcpPacket::readBYE(sid=0) error validating RTCP packet
Line 3271: Aug 18 14:57:34 (none) main: 144977.36 RTP !ER decodeRtcpPacket::readBYE(sid=2) error validating RTCP packet
Line 3274: Aug 18 14:57:34 (none) main: 144977.36 RTP !ER decodeRtcpPacket::readBYE(sid=3) error validating RTCP packet

The logs that would be more insteresting would be the ones where the call is establishing, not the errors (likely from a previous call) beforehand.

Errors in the TMS Conference log may also be of interest as they may indicate why TMS is not able to get the units to dial.

Wayne
--

Wayne
--

The only difference i found was that it was a pending reservation conference. Can you please look at the snap shot attached and let me know what is the difference between Pending Conference and Pending Reservation ? Also what will happen to conference if they were to remain in Pending Reservation .

- Sandesh

Pending just means that it's in the future, hasn't happened yet, so..

Pending Conference means that a conference has been booked, all call routes for involved endpoints are created, and will start at the time scheduled.

Pending Reservation means that a conference has been reserved, however no call routes are created, and the conference will not start.  Another way to think of it is a draft, you save it, to come back to it at a later time to finish booking it.

Hi Patrick,

What will happen to conference if they were to remain in Pending Reservation. Will the meeting start ? 

For the pending reservation conference i saw that MCU was not added as participant and now when i try to add the MCU it throws an error "The system is not available for booking at the requested time "

Why is that we are not able to add the MCU Resource ?

If it's a reservation, the conference will not start, this is because a reservation doesn't create any call routing that will allow the endpoints or MCU to connect.  The conference will become active in TMS, but nothing will happen concerning the endpoints or MCU.

I'm able to add an MCU without issue, could it happen to be that during the time you're trying to schedule something the MCU is already reserved by other conferences and doesn't have any ports available?

Hi Patrick,

Pending reservation conference booked by the user from Outlook is a recurring conference. During the start of the conference on the touch panel they see that meeting is in progress and Join Meeting option greyed out. Screen shot from the touch panel attached.

Is this a known issue or is it designed like this ?

-Sandesh

I honestly wouldn't know in regards to a known issue or if it's by design.  I don't use Outlook to schedule conferences, as we don't have that feature in our TMS.

Can you take a screenshot of the conference booking page?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: