cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Lack of provisioning in TMS - anybody else having this issue?

Jens Didriksen
Level 9
Level 9

Opened a ticket with TAC quite a while back re provisioning in TMS stopped working, worked fine right up until the TANDBERG database was moved/merged or whatever with Cisco, and we first had the "no service contract" issue pop up.

That was eventually resolved, but then lost provisioning...

So, we get no notifications of new software releases in TMS, nor does it download the new software, nor does it display correct release keys for the latest releases. Heh - it even tells me the latest version available is an earlier release than what that particular system is actually running.

TAC has been looking at this for a long time now, eventually came back and said there was a problem with the back-end server TMS was communicating with and I would be notified when this had been resolved.

Received advise today that the "work around" would be to download the software manually and upgrade as per normal, and that the ticket would be closed - completely ignoring the lack of new software notificiations and lack of RK issue.

This means I'll have to open a ticket with TAC for every single system to obtain RKs once a major software version has been released - when I finally discover it has indeed been released...and then enter all of these manually - just like we had to do "back in the bad old days" before TMS provisioning was introduced.

I'm curious to see if anybody else have experienced, or are experiencing similar issues ?

We're currently on 13.1.2 btw.

cheers jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.
7 Replies 7

feed_cantona
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Jens,

Thanks for the post, it's useful for me.

I have also had a similar experience with TMS with systems showing as having no contract. I thought it was an admin issue with my reseller but now I'n not so sure.

The excuse of the transition from TANDBERG to Cisco is no longer an excuse in my book. I always found TANDBERG before the merger very good.

Thanks

Aled

If you keep seeing "No Service Contract" in TMS, and TMS still displaying the correct date of expiry (as it did with us), then I would raise a ticket with TAC.

Was a lot of customers having that particular problem, some were quickly fixed, others not, took 2 - 3 months before that particular issue was fixed for us.

Heard from Cisco again this morning, and they're still looking into the provisioning issue for us, so there's still hope...

jens

Robert Krenn
Level 1
Level 1

It's even worse then before, since TANDBERG removed the Export/Import function for release keys that was in place before the automatic check for release keys / download sw function was introduced.

So now we really have to do it manually

//Robert

Stefan Jarnvall
Level 1
Level 1

We have the same problem. When I asked Cisco at Cisco Live London 2012, I got no straight answer. They apologized and said they missed to think about this feature when they moved the environment. Got no clear answer when and IF it will be corrected.

We're now getting provisioning for all new systems commissioned this year, but only for the odd one of our pre-existing systems.

I understand Cisco processed 137,000 systems late January hoping that would fix their back-end problem, but that didn't make any difference for us.

Supplied TAC with a list of all the serial numbers for systems still not getting provisioning, so they're still working on it.

Good morning Jens,

When you have a moment can you please foward me the Service Request number that the TAC team are working on? The team behind the backend TMS issue had some great wins lately and most of the issues should now be resolved.

Thank you,

Yanick Sauro

Morning Yanick,

SR PM'd to you.

cheers jens