cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Latency/Jitter limitations between TMS front end and SQL server

Anthony Thomson
Level 3
Level 3

I don't see anything in the documentation (I may have missed it, which is why I'm asking to be sure), but are there any specific guidelines regarding maximum latency or jitter between the TMS front end server and it's SQL back end?  I've a client that's moving their SQL server to central data center which is geographically fairly far from where the TMS server will reside for the time being.  I want to assure them this isn't going to cause problems.  I don't yet actually have any specific number on what the path latency will be between the servers once this is done.

3 Replies 3

Paulo Souza
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Anthony,

The TMS Instalation Guide document really does not provide this information, but you can get this from the redundancy deployment Guide. Take a look at the page 19:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/tms/config_guide/Cisco_TMS__Redundancy_Deployment_Guide_13-2.pdf

Regards

Paulo Souza

Please rate replies and mark question as "answered" if applicable.

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Okay, thanks, but the way I read that information is that it's for  SQL redundancy, and the numbers apply between the primary SQL instance and the secondary.  That's not the same as between the TMS front end and the SQL server.

Yeah! I missed this point, sorry.  =/

Well, by the way, I didn't find this information in any other document related to TMS.

Paulo Souza

Please rate replies and mark question as "answered" if applicable.

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".