Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

LDAP/AD Authentication on the VCS

As far as I can see, AD authentication doesn't have an option to restrict it to a specific group, meaning that all AD users will be able to authenticate if they are using a simple SIP client with NTLM authentication because this connection would bypass TMSPE.

If I am using the H.350 authentication then there is an option to restrict it to a specific group, however, in this case passwords need to be stored in the LDAP as clear text and VCS will not use AD username nor AD password. So this option seems useless as well.

Is there a way to configure authentication on the VCS in such a way that it would be limited to a certain group in the AD/LDAP, check against AD username and password and work without relying on the provisioning server?

I want users with other than MOVI clients, any SIP client to be exact, to be able to authenticate using their own username and password stored in AD and I want those users to belong to a certain group. Is that an option at all?

1 REPLY

AFAIK, thats an option if you

AFAIK, thats an option if you have TMS/TMSPE, never tried it with standalone VCS.

Please rate useful posts.
Views
Helpful
Replies