cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LIC-CMS-PMP+USER covering SX & MX series endpoints

amr_saudi99
Level 5
Level 5

May i know if LIC-CMS-PMP+USER licenses which is included under BE6K-START-MTG35 (UWL) licenses can cover MX & SX series devices if it's used in the CEO  office??

3 Replies 3

Elias Sevilla Duarte
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Your question seem to be very specific, and and not completely clear to me, though if this is of any help, here is what I know about "LIC-CMS-PMP+USER" license.

This license is used in CMS (Cisco Meeting Server) not in the endpoints. PMP+User (Personal Multiparty plus user) is an all-in-one license for video conferencing. It allows users to host conferences of any size (within the limits of the Cisco Meeting Server hardware deployed). Anyone can join a meeting from any endpoint**, and the license supports up to full HD 1080p60 quality video, audio, and content sharing.

I am not sure if this is the answer to your question, though perhaps you can rephrase your question, and me or someone else in this forum can help.

**This refers to endpoints in general, not to specific type of endpoints, nor putting apart MX or SX Series endpoints.

Ammar Saood
Spotlight
Spotlight

if MX or SX is registered with a user then YES. it will consume PMP license provided the same user is also imported in CMS.

IF MX or SX is not entitled to any user so its a shared Room system. it will consume SMP license on CMS.

HTH

AMMAR

please rate and mark answered if helpful.

xujf
Level 1
Level 1

I got your question.

For Jabber Lic for CUCM, ther is a PMP Lic for CMS  and  Jabber Lic for CUCM.  there is a communication between CMS and CUCM to share user information.

but for MX and SX endpoint , TP room Lic is only for CUCM, no any PMP lic for CMS. you should buy PMP lic for CMS that dot not pare with SX/MX.