chanhontung
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Expert.

I have Licensing question on my following device:

1) I have :

vcsc - 10 Non-traversal Calls License, 100 traversal Calls License

vcse -  5  traversal Calls

If I register the mcu, and endpoint to the vcsc as the h323 gatekeeper.

I should able to have a 15 ( 5 traveral calls and 10 non-traversal calls) sites h323 call conference simultaneously on the MCU ?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Tomonori Taniguchi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

> If I register the mcu, and endpoint to the vcsc as the h323 gatekeeper.

> I should able to have a 15 ( 5 traversal calls and 10 non-traversal calls) sites h323 call

> conference simultaneously on the MCU ?

Technically VCS-C able to process up to 110 simultaneously call (including call on MCU or point-to-point call without MCU) with your current VCS-C configuration.

For example:

10 x H.323 native calls between MCU and Endpoint

5 x H323/SIP traversal call from Endpoint on external network to MCU via VCS-E

(VCS-C will use traversal call license for handling this call).

3 x IPv4/IPv6 interworking calls

(assume few Endpoints with IPv6 IP assignment calling Endpoint with IPv4 IP address).

which will sum up as 18 simultaneous call on VCS-C.

The interworking call (IPv6/IPv4, SIP/H323, etc.) will consume traversal call license.

View solution in original post

Tomonori Taniguchi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

> If I register my MCU and endpoints to the ISDN gatway as the h323 gatekeeper,

> I should able to make a 18 sites (1 h323 calls and 17*128kbps ISDN calls) call conference simultaneously

> on the MCU?

Embedded GK on TelePresence ISDN Gateway does not have limitation for number of simultaneous call.

Limitation is only for number of registration.

As ISDN Gateway support audio only gateway connection, with single T1 (T1=24B, PRI=23B=D), maximum simultaneous call number is higher than "18" because audio only call only consume 1B channel.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

chanhontung
Level 1
Level 1

I also have a question on MCU and ISDN Gateway.

2) ISDN Codian ISDN GW 3241- 4 PRI port enabel using T1,

25 Registrations

MCU Codian 4520 - Web Conferencing.

If I register my MCU and endpoints to the ISDN gatway as the h323 gatekeeper,

I should able to make a 18 sites (1 h323 calls and 17*128kbps ISDN calls) call conference simultaneously on the     

MCU?

Thx for help!

Best Regard

Tung Chan

Tomonori Taniguchi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

> If I register the mcu, and endpoint to the vcsc as the h323 gatekeeper.

> I should able to have a 15 ( 5 traversal calls and 10 non-traversal calls) sites h323 call

> conference simultaneously on the MCU ?

Technically VCS-C able to process up to 110 simultaneously call (including call on MCU or point-to-point call without MCU) with your current VCS-C configuration.

For example:

10 x H.323 native calls between MCU and Endpoint

5 x H323/SIP traversal call from Endpoint on external network to MCU via VCS-E

(VCS-C will use traversal call license for handling this call).

3 x IPv4/IPv6 interworking calls

(assume few Endpoints with IPv6 IP assignment calling Endpoint with IPv4 IP address).

which will sum up as 18 simultaneous call on VCS-C.

The interworking call (IPv6/IPv4, SIP/H323, etc.) will consume traversal call license.

Tomonori Taniguchi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

> If I register my MCU and endpoints to the ISDN gatway as the h323 gatekeeper,

> I should able to make a 18 sites (1 h323 calls and 17*128kbps ISDN calls) call conference simultaneously

> on the MCU?

Embedded GK on TelePresence ISDN Gateway does not have limitation for number of simultaneous call.

Limitation is only for number of registration.

As ISDN Gateway support audio only gateway connection, with single T1 (T1=24B, PRI=23B=D), maximum simultaneous call number is higher than "18" because audio only call only consume 1B channel.

Thanks Tomonori.