Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Licensing VCS & TMS

Hi everyone,

I need to clarify some doubts with licensing for TMS and VCS:

Our customer need to add endpoints SX20, the client has already an TP deployment with TMS, VCS Control & Expressway, MSE8510.

I have two options:

1.- Register endpoints SX20 into CUCM and use TMS for scheduling.

- License required for CUCM 9.x     : R-UCL-UCM-LIC-K9 (LIC-TP-9X-ROOM)
 - License required for TMS 14.3.1     : L-TMS-SW-PAK (LIC-TMS-100)

2.- Register endpoints SX20 into VCS and use TMS for scheduling.

- License required for TMS 14.3.1     : L-TMS-SW-PAK (LIC-TMS-100)
 - License required for VCS X.7.2.2     : L-VCS-PAK (LIC-VCS-100), I don't sure if I need this license for VCS firewall non-traversal?. If every SX20 is registred into VCS is not necesary this kind of license, right? Will be requerided if I need H323-SIP o IPv4-IPv6?

Could you please confirm if I'm Wrong? Is There another option? Do I need other license?

Any other comment will be welcome.

Thanks,

Pablo

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Pablo.

If you're just adding additional endpoints, the simplest way would be to add them to the existing deployment (option 2 above) rather than adding additional complexity with the CUCM (option 1).

Depending on the licencing on the current deployment, you may or may not need to purchase any additional licences.

1) Check their existing TMS to see if there are available system licences (this is shown on the main portal screen when you first log on (near bottom of left most box).  If you need more, you can buy them - you don't mention how many you're adding - but you can buy them in packs smaller than 100 if you need to (ie a L-TMS-25 is 25 system licences).

2) Check the VCS-Control to see the number of licences currently installed (they, again, are on the first screen you get to when you log on).  Check the licence limit and peak figures - this should give you an indication as to whether any more are required or not (ie, if the peak figure isn't getting close to the limit, you won't need to purchase more).  Again, you can buy them in smaller packs than 100. They're "concurrent call" licences, so, you generally don't need one for every device.  If all calls are within the one organisation on the VCS, it's the Non-Traversal licences you'll need on the VCS-Control.

Let us know how you go, or if you have any further questions.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello Pablo -

L-TMS-100 is only needed if your TMS doesn't have enough avaliable system licenses, to add the SX10 as a managed system.  You can check this by going to Administrative Tools > Configuration > General Settings and look under Licenses and Option Keys for Available System Licenses, that will tell you how many more endpoints you can added into TMS.

I couldn't find LIC-VCS-100 in the VCS data sheet, perhaps you typed it wrong, meant the 100 to be a 10 which is in the datasheet (LIC-VCS-10)?  This is only required depending on how many endpoints you might have in a call at one time, as you want to make sure you have call liceneses in your VCS to be more or equal that total amount.  If you didn't have enough call licenses, and you reach your max, no more calls will be able to connect until a previous call ends freeing a call licenses.  Non-traversal is for H.323-H.323 or SIP-SIP calls, Traversal is used for H.323-SIP, or those that traverse the firewall from the VCS Control to Expressway.

I can't comment n the CUCM question, as I'm a TMS/VCS environment, with no CUCM.

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Pablo.

If you're just adding additional endpoints, the simplest way would be to add them to the existing deployment (option 2 above) rather than adding additional complexity with the CUCM (option 1).

Depending on the licencing on the current deployment, you may or may not need to purchase any additional licences.

1) Check their existing TMS to see if there are available system licences (this is shown on the main portal screen when you first log on (near bottom of left most box).  If you need more, you can buy them - you don't mention how many you're adding - but you can buy them in packs smaller than 100 if you need to (ie a L-TMS-25 is 25 system licences).

2) Check the VCS-Control to see the number of licences currently installed (they, again, are on the first screen you get to when you log on).  Check the licence limit and peak figures - this should give you an indication as to whether any more are required or not (ie, if the peak figure isn't getting close to the limit, you won't need to purchase more).  Again, you can buy them in smaller packs than 100. They're "concurrent call" licences, so, you generally don't need one for every device.  If all calls are within the one organisation on the VCS, it's the Non-Traversal licences you'll need on the VCS-Control.

Let us know how you go, or if you have any further questions.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Thanks Wayne for your answer, the words "concurrent call" make the difference, in my case I'm adding 81 endpoints SX20, so If I have 60 of them in one conference i will need 60 sessions and also 81 TMS License.

Thanks Pablo.

The concurrent makes a big difference :) 

Yes, if you have 60 in one conference, you will need 60 licences.

On the other hand, if you have 60 in calls, with calls each between two of the endpoints, you'd have 30 concurrent calls, and therefore only need 30 licences.

The 81 for TMS is correct.  Each device needs a licence.

Wayne
--

Wayne