cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Local Layouts

Anthony Thomson
Level 3
Level 3

Is there a document somewhere that shows what the various Local Layout options (Equal, Overlay, Full Screen, etc) are for a TC-based endpoint (SX20, C-series, MX, etc)?

I can find a description, but I would like a picture to show clients.  I haven't been able to turn up anything for endpoints, only for MCUs or the TS.

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jens Didriksen
Level 9
Level 9

As Paulo said, nothing to be found in the docs, I really would have thought they would've had the graphics in the enduser guide, but no.

But, maybe you could use this one which I grabbed from a C40?

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Paulo Souza
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Anthony,

I think you are not going to find a set of pictures in the current documentation. However, I think that you can take some pictures from the TC Console software. This software is used to create custom layouts for C series endpoints, in that software, there are many pictures describing each type of local layouts available in C series endpoints, Equal, Prominent, Overlay and Single, you also can see the layout appearance when you are or not sharing/receiving presentation.

Although this software is for C40, C60 and C90. The default layout families are almost the same for another TC endpoints, such as SX, EX and MX series, so you can use the same pictures.

Does it help you? See:

TC Console.png

The above layout represents the local layout of a C90 codec with two monitors (one for main video and another for presentation) in a multipoint conference hosted by itself with two remote participants, using the layout type "Overlay".

If you don't have Cisco TC Console software, you can download it from here:

https://developer.cisco.com/web/telepresence-developer/tools/integrators/tc-console60

I hope this help.

Regards

Paulo Souza

Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Jens Didriksen
Level 9
Level 9

As Paulo said, nothing to be found in the docs, I really would have thought they would've had the graphics in the enduser guide, but no.

But, maybe you could use this one which I grabbed from a C40?

/jens

The guys above beat me while I was taking the screen shots. 

The best I could do, similar to Jens, was to grab a screen grab of the user interface on one of the codecs.  Jens' was from a C40, I grabbed this one from an SX20... they're pretty much the same.  This is also shown in the SX20 Quick Set TC6.2 Administrator Guide (page 18).

But, as noted by Paulo, if you use the TC-Console on the C60/C90, you can also customise the layouts for each device, so if you need something different, you can create it.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Anthony Thomson
Level 3
Level 3

Thanks, everyone, that's what I was looking for.