Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

LYNC 2013 Call trough VCS Express

Hello all,

today we integrated LYNC with CISCO via VCS interop Option. To far so good, no problems with internal endpoints. But now i tried following:

Integrated a new Lync route to route traffic for "test.Domain.com" (Domain hosts a endpoing behind VCS Express) to VCS. My VCS will route that to my Express and from their to "test.Domain.com"-Express which finally bring the call to the endpoint. Call signaling is no problem, but no Video nor Audio.

Did anybody tried that before ?!

We are in need to place LYNC-calls to endpoints NOT binded to a Gatekeeper. So you only call the IP itself. Not possible in LYNC. I thought about a solution in that way.

Use dummy-Domain to make a Lync-Call like 193.56.23.21@dummy.com.

Make a search rule for @dummy.com to replace it againts the IP only and target it to Zone only supporting H323.

Can this work ?!

Regards Timo

1 REPLY

For number one Lync to

1. For number one Lync to Endpoint behind VCS should work fine you must have some config issues to work through - most likely a protocol mismatch or incompatibility that needs to turned off
  2. Not possible must use a gateway to make this work – you make the URI [IP_ADDRESS]@[DOMAIN] convert to just the IP ADDRESS but it is the protocol that will not allow this to work -

Views
Helpful
Replies