Views
Helpful
Replies

lync VCS and MCU integration presentation Problem

Yasir Vistro
Level 1
Level 1

hi all

we use  Lync and VCS with software X7.1  and MCU 4.2(1.43).  when i make a call from MOC clint to MCU  it,s successfully connect  but when i share the desktop  i receive a message  " the share invitation cann't be sent to MCU i tried change SIP outgoing transport  but not helpfull.

Yasir Vistro
5 Replies 5

awinter2
Level 7
Level 7

Yasir,

OCS and Lync uses the RDP protocol for desktop sharing, which means that it's not possible to send presentation from OCS/Lync towards standards-based video devices.

In most cases it should work fine in the other direction, with the MCU for example, presentation will be sent in the main video stream towards the OCS/Lync client since the MCU knows that these clients do not support H.239 or BFCP, which are the standards-based protocols for application sharing.

- Andreas

Andreas

when i  conect MOC Client to MOC client  it,s working fine and also share the Presentation.

Yasir Vistro

Yasir Vistro

Yes, MOC to MOC and Lync to Lync would work fine since they all support the RDP (Remote Desktop Protocol) for application sharing, but this is a proprietary Microsoft protocol and not supported by standards-based endpoints.

- Andreas

Andreas

thanks for your support.

is it any solution  ?   From MOC Client to MCU share the Presentation  ?

Yasir Vistro

Yasir Vistro

As far as I'm aware of, unfortunately no.

- Andreas

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: