Views
Helpful
Replies

Mac OS x 10.9 and CCC

Bob Fitzgerald
Level 4
Level 4

Hello everyone!

Just looking to see if anyone out there has had any trouble accessing CCC in TMS when running OS X 10.9 on a MAC.  We have a customer where the Java credential window pops up and won't accept the credentials entered.  Before you ask, the credentials are valid.  Here are the versions they are dealing with;

TMS 14.2.1

Java7 u40 on the TMS server

Mac OS X 10.9

Java7 u45 running on the Mac

Does not matter which browser is being used.  Tried FF, IE, Safari and Chrome.

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Zac Colton
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The issue is most likely an NTLM issue between the MAC and the Windows Server hosting TMS. Please review the security event logs for more detail of the authentication failure.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Steve Kapinos
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Have they tried using

domain\username    or are they only using username   in the username field?

Hi Steven,

I'm pretty sure it was tried both ways, but I will confirm.

Thanks!

Hi Steven,

Verified, tried with only username with domain in the last field, domain\username without domain in the last field, domain\username with the domain in the last field.  None of these worked.

Also tired upgrading the Mac to 10.9.2.  Still no go.  No issue logging in from Parallels running Windows 7 on the same computer.  The customer is a dedicated Mac user and wants to avoid having to jump to Windows just to view CCC.

Really, no one else out there is having this problem? 

Has this ever worked for the user?  (trying to understand if this is a new problem... or used to work)

I'm sorry I don't have a mac to try myself... but a packet trace or opening the java console would both be ways to try to narrow down the problem. 

I'm wondering if someone has modified the TMS server in a way that maybe the Apple Java applet is not able to authenticate... or if the Apple Java changed in some way.  But this is not a widespread problem AFAIK so I would question the Apple Java changing.

I never recall that I ever saw the CCC on my Mac, not sure how the official support it,

but I also never tried it with 14.3.2, just 13.2.2.

Anyhow, is there anything special with the username or password? I would try to use

one which only has basic a-z 0-9 characters, just to see if this is a problem.

Is this an AD or local user you are trying to use?

Its worth trying:

domain\user

user

\user

.\user

computername\localuser

It can also be interesting to try a local user if you only had tried AD users (or vice versa).

Did you check the event and IIS logs?

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Zac Colton
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The issue is most likely an NTLM issue between the MAC and the Windows Server hosting TMS. Please review the security event logs for more detail of the authentication failure.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Bob Fitzgerald
Level 4
Level 4

Mr. Colton!

Once again sir you are right on the money.  Looking in the Event Viewer did reveal NTLM authentication failures.  The customer is having his IT folks look at security policies, as it was revealed that my contact and one of his coworkers experienced the issue more or less simultaneously.

Thanks to all for the input!