cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Management Software for Spark Room Plus kits analytic feature?

David Kos
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Folks,

The Spark Room Kit and Room Kit Plus mention Management software for the analytics feature that can be activated in those room.  Does anyone know what software would track the rooms participant #'s and room usage?  Would this be a new feature in TMS reporting or would another Management platform be used?  I have a client that was very excited by this capability and I couldn't answer the management portion of their questions.  Any help or links that you can provide are much appreciated. 

4 Replies 4

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I am not 100% sure about the plans for TMS and this kind of reporting or if it even exisits today (I dont think so), so I can´t say anything about that.

I wonder where you read that since until now the bet way to utilize the room analytic feature was to create your own management software or have a third party "collector" that the endpoint send events to when the participant number updates in xStatus. Then you parse the events and create the reports you need.

It should be customizable like this to provide the best flexibility to whatever you want to use the data for.

/Magnus

Hi  Magnus,

I just saw mention in the Spark Room data sheet that the info could be sent to a management software and TMS would make alot of sense to be honest.  Do you know of a management software that Cisco has used to gather this type of info from the endpoints while beta-testing the capabilities?  I just want to inform my client of a software that would work properly with their new Spark Room Plus kits, they have 14+ coming into play over the 1st phase of implimentation.  Thanks for answering my original post and your time.

I am not aware of any custom management system that does this and is supported by Cisco. But I do know that customers has created their own solutions for this. The way the xAPI works you don´t need to have a managment system to test if the feature is working properly. The feature is just the number increasing in the xStatus, the xAPI event functionality takes care of the notification and the third party "collector" takes care of the rest.

I agree it would make sense to have it in TMS, but I can imagine the feature requests to expand or being able to customize in TMS etc.

I don´t think it is difficult to create a simple data collector for this. Our systems support HTTPFeedback in JSON format which is easy to parse and work with. 

/Magnus

Kaliafeh Wright
Level 4
Level 4

Maybe this will help point you in the right direction. 

I am not able to find any software that currently pulls this information. 

Looks like you have to write code for all the examples I have seen. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1arzDxA7WXU