cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Masking not displaying correctly

Chris Alvarado
Level 1
Level 1

Recently upgraded system to 9.1.2. I have a couple dozen phones when dialing an outside line there phone masking is not displaying. The masking is showing up with the Bill To Number of the PRI's. I have had numerous Cisco TAC show me and tell me that when calls leaving the gateways they are leaving with all digits, and when the same call enters our gateways they are being changed to this BTN. However this literally happens every other call. The first call will show all correct 10 digit masking and the second call with have the BTN.

I spent weeks with Verizon and they added these numbers to a switch screening table so they can identify the numbers correctly coming in. After weeks waiting for them to make these changes it still does NOT work. Please any suggestions at all will help. Im at a loss in what to do. I can not find this phantom number anywhere and to the best of my knowledge this masking number that shows up is just the BTN of our PRI's.

5 Replies 5

George Thomas
Level 10
Level 10

Do you have multiple PRIs? Maybe the route list is configured for a different hunting algorithm and sending calls out a different PRI? Can you run debug isdn q931 on the gateway you think calls are going out on and see if both the calls that have the right and wrong masks go out the same gateway and you are seeing the masks correctly. If you are seeing the correct masks on both calls, then its a provider issue. 

Please rate useful posts.

Its 2 PRI's, one for in and one for out. Other then that I believe its a provider issue but i dont understand how it works every other time.

Were you able to check if both calls are going out the same PRI? Dial-peer configurations and route list/group configurations could give you unexpected results. debug isdn q931 should tell you this.

Forgive me George im not to familiar with the process of debugging a gateway.

You have to telnet/ssh into the gateway.

Enter the command: debug isdn q931

Enter the command: term mon

If you dont see any output, chances are messages are getting logged to buffer. show logging should show all the output and you can paste it here.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: