cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MCU 4510, Home > Status > Conferences > Video Status

Nicholas Holum
Level 1
Level 1

Curious what is being shown here (see attachment) for "Total incoming/outgoing video bandwidth" ... like what is the difference between the bitrates in parenthesis?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The numbers in parentheses on the MCU status page is the maximum that the MCU has reached since it's last restart/reset.

Take from the MCU online help:

Format of displayed values

In many cases, the values displayed on this page are shown in the format A (B) / C; this represents:

• A – the current value of this statistic
  • B – the maximum achieved value of this statistic (since last reset)
  • C – the maximum allowable number for this statistic (this varies by MCU model)

The maximum value (C above) for the "ports in use" fields depends on the number of port licenses allocated to the unit. One port license is required for standard definition (SD) ports, two for each high definition (HD) port.

Statistics for which there is no set maximum are displayed as A (B), where A and B have the meanings described above.

Where the highest value attained is shown in parentheses (i.e. B in the above example), this value can be reset by selecting Reset maximum values. These values can be useful in monitoring peak MCU usage over a period of time.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The numbers in parentheses on the MCU status page is the maximum that the MCU has reached since it's last restart/reset.

Take from the MCU online help:

Format of displayed values

In many cases, the values displayed on this page are shown in the format A (B) / C; this represents:

• A – the current value of this statistic
  • B – the maximum achieved value of this statistic (since last reset)
  • C – the maximum allowable number for this statistic (this varies by MCU model)

The maximum value (C above) for the "ports in use" fields depends on the number of port licenses allocated to the unit. One port license is required for standard definition (SD) ports, two for each high definition (HD) port.

Statistics for which there is no set maximum are displayed as A (B), where A and B have the meanings described above.

Where the highest value attained is shown in parentheses (i.e. B in the above example), this value can be reset by selecting Reset maximum values. These values can be useful in monitoring peak MCU usage over a period of time.

Ah... cool. The help on my MCU isn't that thorough... guess I should've looked online before posting smiley

Thanks!

Not a problem, if you go to the page your wondering about, there is an italic i icon in the upper right, if you click that, it will open the online help for that specific page you're on.

Glad it answered your question.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: