Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

MCU 4515 - Enable AGC to streaming viewers

Hi Friends, I'm here again to request your help!

We have a Cisco Telepresence MCU 4515. We use this MCU with streaming resource in order to allow our clients to watch the video conference in their desktops. Everything works very well. We are using multicast streaming with no problem.

There's just one bit wrong, the audio received by the desktops is too much low, It's almost impossible to listen it clearly without using a external speaker connected to notebook. I have tried to use differents plugins (Media Player, Real Player and Quick Time) with differents bit rates, but the audio always comes very poor.

According to MCU documentation, it's possible to provide a audio gain (AGC) to certain endpoints in the conference, I am able to do this when I am setting this configuration to a terminal connected to the conference, but I am not able to have this option configured when I am setting "audio configuration" to streaming viewers. The option is showed as unavailable, take a look:

audio agc.png

It seems a relevant problem, but not in our environment where we have a lot of users that use streaming resource to watch the conference. We cannot provide external speakers to 2.000 people.

The problem does not happen when we are using Microsoft Media Server, only with MCU 4515.

Can anybody help me? Is it possible to use AGC to streaming viewers? If yes, how?

How can I fix that problem?

Thank you!

Regards

Paulo Souza

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".
1 REPLY

Re: MCU 4515 - Enable AGC to streaming viewers

Hi Paulo,

AGC is a setting that applies to incoming audio, so that the MCU can raise or lower the volume to match the average audio level of the conference.  Unforutnately, there really isn't an "output" volume control.  The reason you see the setting greyed out for your streaming participants is because they cannot contribute audio to the conference.

I hope that helps.

Thanks!

Views
Helpful
Replies