cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MCU 4520 Audio levels

Elliott Roberts
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to set default audio gain for audio partipicants within an combined Video and Audio meeting?

Gain can be adjusted after a partipicant is active but I dont see a way to set default level.

When we have combined calls (Tandburg video endpoints- Callmanager SCCP 7965 telephones via sip trunk audio dial in) the audio partipicants are louder than video partipicants, we're looking have all participants at an equal volume level.

Thx

5 Replies 5

crisalex
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I'm sorry to inform you that currently we do not have any mechanish available on the MCU to control the default level before the participant is connected in the call

As you already mentioned once you have in the call you can set either :

1. enable / disable AGC

2. set a fixed possitive or negative value for increasing / decreasing the volume

Regards

Cristian

Is it possible to request some sort of normalization feature on the MCU? I got the same question from a client that is experiencing the exact same issue but with Movi clients and codecs.

All of their Movi Clients use Headsets and the users are not savvy enough to change the mic in volume in winows. I know that the upcoming 4.3 Movi Client has better control of the audio, but it´s never the less going to be hard for the user to manually match the volume to that of the codecs.

Regards

Mattias

I'll second that one - we've just commissioned our very first 4520 and the audio issue became quite noticeable the very first time we used it "in anger", with an EX90, MXP and 2 Movi clients in the call (heh - two of participants were Cisco guys ), in this particular case it was the EX90 which was "too loud" so to speak.

Since the majority of our Movi users also use headsets, I can see this quickly becoming an annoyance for lot of people, to say the least.

cheers jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

HI Mattias,

I'd recommend to go through the Key Account Manager and raise a feature request.

Based on the business impact that this functionality has it over the customer environment the Developmeant team will evaluate the request and possibly implement it in the next sw releses

Merry Christmas

Cristian 

Christian,

Thanks for the confirmation, at least I can quit digging inside the 4520 looking for a way to make any sort of adjustment.

It is a very distinct mismatch in audio, we are getting beat up pretty seriously up over our inability to correct this issue.

We will forward this to our account manager.

Many thanks for your contribution to the forum..

Elliott

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: