Views
Helpful
Replies

MCU conference only audio

thorstenn
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

- CUCM 8.6 with Endpoints registered (Tandberg)

- VCSc/e 7.2 with Registered MCU 54xx (SIP/H323)

First participant connects and see video and have audio and as soon a second participant joined the conference both only have audio and no video. Is this a misconfiguration on VCS and/or MCU ? Conference is configured for unlimited vido/audio ports and no other conference is started. We have 10 licenses HD ports.

Best regards

Thorsten

3 Replies 3

Paulo Souza
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

What about the bandwidth limitation configured in CallManager? Can you check the Location and Region applied to Device Pool that is applied in the SIP trunk towards VCS?

Also provide further information, such as:

Which are the endpoints and software versions?

What is the bandwidth used by the first endpoint that connects to MCU?

Have you integrated CUCM and VCS by following the official deployment guide?

What about the bandwidth limitation in VCS?

Did you try to register endpoints to VCS and make a call to MCU just for test?

Regards

Paulo Souza

Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Hi,

i updated a search rule because SIP request din`t go to MCU, every participant was in the conference with H323. Now with SIP it works fine.

But i don`t know yet why H323 participants not working.

Regards

Thorsten

In general it should not matter as the vcs is doing the interworking and it should not matter if one participant is present or multiple.

To be honest, I would continue checking what wrong in your network, as you fixed the symptom

but possibly not the cause, which can kick back with an other problem at some other time, ...

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: