cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MCU Content doesn't display on iPad

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I've found that when using the Jabber for iPad app, I can connect to an endpoint, point-to-point (C-Series, Movi), and I'm able to recieve the content channel just fine.  Though when I'm connected through our MSE8510 MCU, I don't get the content channel?

Thanks, Patrick

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

HI Patrick.  I used our Ipad in our lab to dial direct to MCU conference.  This is the invite with SDP from the Ipad when it dialed in. 

In this INVITE what I'm looking for is the m line indicating BFCP which isn't present. 

The MCU's response doesn't indicate it either. This is normal since the m line wasn't included in the initial invite from the Ipad. 

Calling out from MCU to Ipad shows MCU sending it declares support for BFCP.  (highlighted in green)

The 200 OK response from Ipad shows that it zeroed the port which indicates it doesn't support it.  (highlighted in green)

So my Ipad is zeroing this out here thus the MCU doesn't send content to it as a 2nd stream. 

When you click on the diagnostics tab on the MCU over this Ipad, it shows that the MCU received capabilities from it, but it doesn't declare support for it in its SDP. 

You may be able to make the content channel important and it show in the predominant window depending on the layout your using to have it show on the Ipad.  If in voice switched layout, you may be able to set the content channel important and it will show full screen on the Ipad itself. 

Looking at this, it doesn't send it cause it doesn't declare support for it.  It should, depending on how the MCU is set up, send in main video stream. 

Let me know of any further questions. 

VR

Patrick

View solution in original post

15 Replies 15

Patrick Pettit
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

HI Patrick.  Good morning.  Looks like when I use Jabber for Ipad to dial into our MCU, BFCP isn't sent in the SDP from the Jabber Tablet.  You can enable SIP log on MCU and dial in to the MCU as SIP and look for the BFCP m line to verify.  If you don't see it in the SDP, MCU will more likely send it in main video channel if configured as such.  You can also check the diagnostics page on the Ipad connection in the MCU and look at the "Received" side for the caps set sent from the Ipad.  If Extended video says "not supported", its more likely it didn't send support for it. 

Hope this helps. 

VR

Patrick

No matter how I dial, in or out using an MCU, content is not avaliable.  According to the statstics in the MCU, the iPad doesn't show having BFCP capabilities?

Here is the H.323/SIP logging from our MCU for the time fram of connecting and disconnecting the call:

SIP    RX    INVITE 

SIP    TX    100_Trying 

SIP    TX    180_Ringing 

SIP    TX    200_OK 

SIP    RX    ACK 

H.245    TX    H239PresentationTokenIndicateOwner 

SIP    RX    BYE 

SIP    TX    200_OK 

HI Patrick.  I used our Ipad in our lab to dial direct to MCU conference.  This is the invite with SDP from the Ipad when it dialed in. 

In this INVITE what I'm looking for is the m line indicating BFCP which isn't present. 

The MCU's response doesn't indicate it either. This is normal since the m line wasn't included in the initial invite from the Ipad. 

Calling out from MCU to Ipad shows MCU sending it declares support for BFCP.  (highlighted in green)

The 200 OK response from Ipad shows that it zeroed the port which indicates it doesn't support it.  (highlighted in green)

So my Ipad is zeroing this out here thus the MCU doesn't send content to it as a 2nd stream. 

When you click on the diagnostics tab on the MCU over this Ipad, it shows that the MCU received capabilities from it, but it doesn't declare support for it in its SDP. 

You may be able to make the content channel important and it show in the predominant window depending on the layout your using to have it show on the Ipad.  If in voice switched layout, you may be able to set the content channel important and it will show full screen on the Ipad itself. 

Looking at this, it doesn't send it cause it doesn't declare support for it.  It should, depending on how the MCU is set up, send in main video stream. 

Let me know of any further questions. 

VR

Patrick

Thank you for the information.  Why is it that I can recieve content streams from endpoints point-to-point though, shouldn't the MCU be able to do the same?  In theory, shouldn't the iPad be able to recieve a second stream such as Jabber Video (Movi)?

Hi Patrick.  In theory, perhaps.  Right now, from what I'm looking at the Client doesn't send BFCP support.  Since it doesn't support it, the MCU (if configured this way) will send the content in main video channel. 

When I dialed directly to EX60 on TC5.1.0 and share my computer, the status on the touch panel shows content channel is OFF.  When running log ctx sippacket debug 9, the inbound call from the tablet doesn't show BFCP Support still. 

The EX and C-Series have a more unique way of splitting the stream to show the view on the far end.  MCU sends in main video channel as well, but it has to be enabled for it do so and teh view on the tablet will be what the MCU is sending to it based on configuration and layout for that meeting etc. 

Hope this helps. 

VR

Patrick

Hm, strange, I just tested again connecting to a C40 running TC5.1.3 and received a content stream that displayed in what format was chosen using the Remote Layout selections. Could the C40 be sending the content in main video channel, since all your test say there is no BFCP support? I've configured and confirmed that enabling "Display content in normal video channel" option on the MCU we are capable of seeing content. However that leaves the fact that I can receive content from a point-to-point call using a C-Series, Jabber Video (Movi), etc though supposedly BFCP isn't supported.

EDIT: I need to eat a few of my words here.. I just tested again using Jabber Video (Movi) to iPad and it looks like the content comes across overriding the regular video, can you confirm? Which still leaves the question of how the C-Series are capable of sending, especially using the remote layout options.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

HI Patrick.  I see the same you do when Jabber Video calls the Jabber Ipad.  I think all C and EX Series send content in a manner in which it splits the stream this way for a better user experience. 

C90 on TC5.1.0 did the same when connecting to the Ipad as well. 

VR

Patrick

I did not really find an info how BFCP and dual streams are supported.

At least in comparison to JabberVideo which shows both at the same time or the E20 where

you can switch I only saw that you can see "content" but I did not find anything more.

So maybe some more info what shall work and how to handle it with different remote sites would be handy, ...

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

More detailed information about the Jabber for iPad app as far as the part concerning TelePresence is concerned would be great.  I started a discussion about this in the Jabber for iPad section of the forums, but haven't gotten a response yet.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2160326

Patrick - I just checked the Jabber for iPad data sheet again, it's pretty vauge as far as the specifics for Jabber Video, but I did find the following.

View presentations

You  can fully participate in meetings by viewing shared material through  standards-based Binary Floor Control Protocol (BFCP) and H.239.

HI Patrick.  Very good point.  Let me investigate this a bit further and get back to you.  I'll be it, something wrong with the marketing material or the app. 

Anyhow, let me dive into this a bit more and get back to you on this. 

VR

Patrick

Have you been able to find anything more about the content channel for the iPad yet, Patrick.

HI Patrick.  Some discussions going on at the moment.  Haven't forgotten about this one yet.  Will keep ya posted. 

VR

Patrick

HI Patrick.  Good morning.  Some news for you.  Right now, the iPAD application can only support content being received by it, in the main video channel.  On the MCU, it must be enabled for the iPad user to receive it, and it will display in the main video channel and not as main and dual.  The data sheet mentioning BFCP should be updated soon to reflect that it will only receive it in main.  In the future, i think this will be added, but can't say for sure.  Sorry for any confusion this may have caused ya. 

VR

Patrick

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: