Views
Helpful
Replies

MCU selection

Xaviervdb12
Level 1
Level 1

Dears,

I would like to know if is possible to force the TMS to select an external MCU instead of the internal MCU of a codec.

For the moment when one of the codec in the conference has a integrated MCU, TMS will always use the internal MCU on the codec.

I checked the following parameters in the conf settings and it seems good but still the same behavior

Administrative Tools > Configuration > Conference Settings > External MCU Usage in Routing  'Always'

Administrative Tools > Configuration > Conference Settings > Preferred MCU Type in Routing 'I selected my prefered MCU'

Any idea for me please?

Thanks.

5 Replies 5

Xaviervdb12
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

Does anyone have any idea?

Thx

Kjetil Ree
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Xavier Vandenbroeck wrote:

Administrative Tools > Configuration > Conference Settings > External MCU Usage in Routing:  'Always'

Hi,

This setting is supposed to do exactly what you describe. Which TMS version are you on?

Regards,

Kjetil

Hi Kjetil,

We are using TMS v13.2.2

Many thanks for your help.

Xav.

Do you see the problem when creating new conferences, or only when updating existing conferences (for example when adding a third participant to a conference that already has two participants)?

Regards,

Kjetil

When creating a new conference in TMS.

If more than 2 sites are configured in a conference, TMS adds automatically an MCU but when only two participants the built-in MCU is used.

Regards,

Xav.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: