Views
Helpful
Replies

MIDLET Error in Cisco IP 7975

ma.romero
Level 2
Level 2

Hi everybody,

I have a issue when I try to load the MIDLET in the IP Phone 7975, I rececive a error: "Error, contact administrator".

I have configured two MIDLETS services, one for Publisher and another for Subsriber.

The version of the devices are the following:

Cisco CUCM--> 9.1.2

CTS-500 37"--> 1.8.5(4)_P1

IP Phone 7975-->SIP75.9-2-1S

MIDLETS Version is--> TSPM-1.8.2-P1-1S

The IP Phone Service is configured fine because I copy the url of this IP Phone Service and no error appears in the browser.

The CTS 500 in device information get the IP, Mac Address and version of the IP Phone; but in Status Detail shows the following:

Connection: error; Software: Unable to retrieve software  version

In URL of the IP Phone I have got the next logs:

|== Syslogd TNP== Thu Jan 23 13:34:35 2014

====================================================

6422: NOT 13:34:35.356640 JVM: Startup Module Loader|cip.midp.midletsuite.InstallerModule:? - Downloading Jad...MIDLETS SUB

6423: ERR 13:34:35.405343 JVM: Startup Module Loader|cip.midp.midletsuite.ah:? - The Url http://X.X.X.X:6970/TSPM-1.8.2-P1-1S.jad is availabe, use this IP address.

6424: ERR 13:34:36.199305 JVM: 13:34:36|Install Exception: Missing suite name:

at cip.midp.midletsuite.ah.h()V(Unknown Source)

at cip.midp.midletsuite.ah.a(Lcip/midp/midletsuite/u;Lcip/cfg/XmlServiceObject;)V(Unknown Source)

at cip.midp.midletsuite.ah.a(Lcip/srvc/z;Ljava/lang/String;ZZLcip/midp/midletsuite/p;Lcip/cfg/XmlServiceObject;)V(Unknown Source)

at cip.midp.midletsuite.ah.a(Lcip/srvc/z;ZZLcip/midp/midletsuite/p;Lcip/cfg/XmlServiceObject;)V(Unknown Source)

at cip.midp.midletsuite.InstallerModule.a(Lcip/cfg/XmlServiceObject;)V(Unknown Source)

at cip.midp.midletsuite.z.a(Lcip/midp/midletsuite/b;Lcip/sys/x;)V(Unknown Source)

at cip.midp.midletsuite.z.sinkMessage(Lcip/sys/x;)V(Unknown Source)

at cip.sys.n.sinkMessage(Lcip/sys/x;)V(Unknown Source)

at cip.sys.aa.a(Lcip/sys/ad;)Ljava/lang/Throwable;(Unknown Source)

at cip.sys.aa.e()V(Unknown Source)

at cip.sys.l.run()V(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.startup(Z)V(Unknown Source)

6425: NOT 13:34:36.203955 JVM: Startup Module Loader|cip.midp.midletsuite.InstallerModule:? - Midlet Install Canceled/Error...MIDLETS SUB

6426: NOT 13:34:37.807561 JVM: Startup Module Loader|cip.srvc.Services:? - Service url used http://X.X.X.X:8080/ccmcip/getservicesmenu.jsp

6427: NOT 13:34:37.809126 JVM: Startup Module Loader|cip.srvc.Services:? - Service url used http:/X.X.X.X:8080/ccmcip/getservicesmenu.jsp

6428: WRN 13:34:39.372046 JVM: Startup Module Loader|class cip.srvc.XsiMIDletSuiteResponse:(updateStatus( - 0)not handled)

6429: ERR 13:34:39.393814 JVM: Startup Module Loader|cip.midp.midletsuite.ah:? - The Url http://X.X.X.X:6970/TSPM-1.8.2-P1-1S.jad is availabe, use this IP address.

6430: ERR 13:34:40.212716 JVM: 13:34:40|Install Exception: Missing suite name:

at cip.midp.midletsuite.ah.h()V(Unknown Source)

at cip.midp.midletsuite.ah.a(Lcip/midp/midletsuite/u;Lcip/cfg/XmlServiceObject;)V(Unknown Source)

at cip.midp.midletsuite.ah.a(Lcip/srvc/z;Ljava/lang/String;ZZLcip/midp/midletsuite/p;Lcip/cfg/XmlServiceObject;)V(Unknown Source)

at cip.midp.midletsuite.ah.a(Lcip/srvc/z;ZZLcip/midp/midletsuite/p;Lcip/cfg/XmlServiceObject;)V(Unknown Source)

at cip.midp.midletsuite.InstallerModule.a(Lcip/srvc/bj;Lcip/midp/midletsuite/p;)V(Unknown Source)

at cip.midp.midletsuite.z.a(Lcip/midp/midletsuite/b;Lcip/sys/x;)V(Unknown Source)

at cip.midp.midletsuite.z.sinkMessage(Lcip/sys/x;)V(Unknown Source)

at cip.sys.n.sinkMessage(Lcip/sys/x;)V(Unknown Source)

at cip.sys.aa.a(Lcip/sys/ad;)Ljava/lang/Throwable;(Unknown Source)

at cip.sys.aa.e()V(Unknown Source)

at cip.sys.l.run()V(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.startup(Z)V(Unknown Source)

6431: ERR 13:34:46.631911 JVM: Calling enable listening for incoming http connections

6432: ERR 13:34:46.692003 JVM: Calling enable listening for incoming http connections

I change the IP address of CUCMs fot X.X.X.X.

I have followed the documentation to register all fine and to erase the IP Phone to factory defaults to removed the old midlet but I don't get that is working fine.

If I do call from other Video Endpoints the CTS is working fine  and the shared line between CTS and IP Phone too.

Can anybody help me?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

You will need to change the Service Name and the ASCII service name to the following:

TSPM-1.8.2-P1-1S

And then Reset the phone from CUCM.  Let me know if that clears it up.

-Jonathan

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

ma.romero
Level 2
Level 2

Hi,

Here are some images.

Regards.

CTS500-37.gif            11111.png

Hi, could you post a screen shot of the midlet configuration page from CUCM, I'd like to verify there are no issues with the configuration.

- Jonathan

Hi Jonathan,

Here are the screenshots.

Regards.

3333.gif

2222.gif

Marius Nedregaard
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Please note that the TFTP database does not replicate over a cluster, so make sure the midlet file is available on both servers ( if you use them both for TFTP and for midlet services )

If you have uploaded both files on the publisher and pointed the second midlet service to the subscriber then the service will not load on the IP Phone.

//Marius

Hi Marius,

Yes, the files are iuploaded in both Server, Publisher and Subscriber.

Thanks.

Regards

Hi,

You will need to change the Service Name and the ASCII service name to the following:

TSPM-1.8.2-P1-1S

And then Reset the phone from CUCM.  Let me know if that clears it up.

-Jonathan

Hi Jonathan,

I have modified the Service and ASCII name and now the IP Phone is working fine.

Thank you for the help.

Regards.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: