Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Migrating from TMS Movi/Jabber manually created users to AD

I have a bunch (75) of manually created Movi/Jabber users in TMS. When we move to AD authentication what happens to the old manually created accounts? Do they dissapear? Also, the manually created accounts have the same username as their AD counterparts. Will that cause a problem?

thanks ahead of time!         

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Migrating from TMS Movi/Jabber manually created users to AD

Douglas,

i tested in lab and it doesn't import user from AD, it gives error.

Screen Shot 2014-01-27 at 10.09.46 PM.png

Since i already had user "Michael Schumacher" added in local database with same login name syncing the database with AD doesn't import the user and generates error.

I am using TMS PE and TMS 14.3.2

Regards

Alok

5 REPLIES

Migrating from TMS Movi/Jabber manually created users to AD

Hi Douglas,

You can't import the AD users with same name if its already exists in the local database of TMS. Although if the logon name differs then it won't be a problem.

You also want to give a thought on the jabber login after migrating to AD. Because you either can have a local accounts login or AD accounts login.

VCS doesn't support mixed mode authentication.

regards

Alok

What happens if you do? Will the AD import over write the local user with the same username (that would be ok)? We want to move to a full AD environment.

thanks!

Douglas,

i tested in lab and it doesn't import user from AD, it gives error.

Screen Shot 2014-01-27 at 10.09.46 PM.png

Since i already had user "Michael Schumacher" added in local database with same login name syncing the database with AD doesn't import the user and generates error.

I am using TMS PE and TMS 14.3.2

Regards

Alok

That's VERY good to know. So basically I'll have to delete the current userbase before doing an import.

thanks!

VIP Purple

Alok -

What would happen to conferences that are scheduled with provisioned users, and someone deletes the manually created account to do a good successful full import from AD with those same accounts?  Will the conferences just show "Deleted Phonebook Entries", if scheduled via phone book and not the "Users" tab?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content