Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

migration fails

Having problems migrating to Cisco TMSPE and am getting this message

06 Jul 2012 19:56:58 ERROR - Failed to post user import settings for group : {port=[389], mapping_last_name=[sn], mapping_external_user_id=[objectGUID], mapping_first_name=[givenName], group_id=[195a8072-1cdf-4eba-a9e4-348ab5851a1e], hostname=[inxintl.com], distribution_center=[INXINTL.COM], mapping_mobile_phone=[mobile], user_import_type=[AD_KERBEROS], username=[castaner@inxintl.com], mapping_department=[department], mapping_office_phone=[telephoneNumber], mapping_display_name=[displayName], search_filter=[(memberOf= CN=Movi Users,OU=Groups,OU=_INX International,DC=inxintl,DC=com)], realm=[INXINTL.COM], mapping_company=[company], mapping_title=[title], mapping_email=[mail], mapping_username=[sAMAccountName], base_dn=[DC=inxintl,DC=com], distribution_center_timeout=[20000], skip_host_validation=[true]} URL: /groups/id/8f788c2d-1ba1-4999-bb37-1f0e25e9278d/user_import/settings The exception returned from API was One or more user import settings are invalid. Status: UserImportSettingsValidationException Status Code: 2001.

The exception message is: POST

http://localhost:8788/ur/groups/id/8f788c2d-1ba1-4999-bb37-1f0e25e9278d/user_import/settings

returned a response status of 400 Bad Request

06 Jul 2012 19:56:58 ERROR - Migration failed

Have no idea what this means. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks

Everyone's tags (2)
18 REPLIES

migration fails

I am now migrating to TMS PE, and get this exact same error.  Did you ever get this resolved?

Cisco Employee

migration fails

Hi Roberto,

the error states that some of the settings cannot be mapped.

Could you post here an example configuration for a user that is to be migrated?

Cisco Employee

Re: migration fails

Hi

Go to the tms privisioning directory and go into the groups where you import AD users. Remove the import settings (or verify them) and try the migration again. It seems like

One or more of the user import settings in one or more groups might be invalid.

Hope this helps

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Well, the user import settings work fine with the existing provisioning directory.

External Source Configuration

LDAP URL: ldap://edm-dc01.somecompany.net:3268

Username: VCS_LDAP

Password: *****

Base DN: DC=somecompany,DC=net

Relative Search DN:

Search filter: (memberof=CN=Tandberg_Movi_Users,OU=somecompany,OU=Groups,DC=somecompany,DC=net)

Password Format: Alphanumeric

Cisco Employee

Hi

Yes that might be the case. However the

Migration tool is complainimg about some of the setting of a particular group without specifying which setting.

Its the same thing when you use the email placeholder in the findme device template, it works in tmsagent legacy but

the import fails since tmspe does not use it.

I'm just saying that a setting here might interrupt the migration. If you snapshot the settings and remove them you can run the migration and fill in the settings again after tmspe is loaded

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

migration fails

Okay, so I've managed to get the migration tool to complete it's job.  It doesn't appear to have liked my  hierarchical provisioning folders.  I removed the settings from the top level folder (which were simple and few; basically bandwidth and SIP server settings), and then the migration proceeded.

I did notice that the migration does not capture User Import settings, like from Active Directory, so I had to reproduce those.

Now that's done and apparently working, but there is a persistent problem with the Provisioning Phone Books that I'm working to resolve.   The  'Synchronize phone books with the TMS Provisioning Extension' job persistently fails with the following log:

8/20/2012 8:06:02 AM Rebuilding the Provisioning Extension phone books

8/20/2012 8:06:02 AM Provisioning Extension communication error

8/20/2012 8:06:02 AM The event failed to complete. Details: POST http://localhost:8788/pb/sources failed: The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request.

Cisco Employee

migration fails

Try deleting the PB Source called 'Provisioning Source' as well as it's corresponding PB called 'Provisioning'. Then rebuild the PB source using the same name, the source type you will use will be 'Cisco TMS Provisioning Directory'. Once you rebuilt the source, confirm 'Root Directory Group' has 'All Groups' selected (default) and that you can view contacts in the 'View Contacts' tab. Keep in mind that you should see users listed but only those users having contact information associated with them (e.g. SIP URI) will be imported to the PB.

Next, rebuild the PB (using the same name as the one you deleted previously) and connect the PB Source you've just rebuilt to the PB, i.e. I assume you'll want to select 'Import to TMS'. And finally, ensure your access controls are correct to this PB on the 'Access Control' tab.

rgds,

Dale

migration fails

Okay, I had previously deleted and recreated the PB source for provisioning, but I followed your instructions here and nothing has changed.  I still have the same error.

Time to open a TAC case?

Cisco Employee

migration fails

Let's take one more shot before you head off to TAC

Do you see contacts in the View Contacts tab on the PB Source?

What is your update frequency set to?

Do the contacts have URI information associated to them?

Do you see contacts in PB when you associated the PB Source with the PB?

Are the TMSPE Diagnostics reporting any issues?

And are you doing any Request Filtering within IIS on the Server?

rgds,

Dale

migration fails

Do you see contacts in the View Contacts tab on the PB Source?

Yes.

What is your update frequency set to?

Every 10 minutes

Do the contacts have URI information associated to them?

Yes, all the contacts have a SIP URI.

Do you see contacts in PB when you associated the PB Source with the PB?

No.

Are the TMSPE Diagnostics reporting any issues?

No.  There are no Alarms, and all System Status indicators are green.

And are you doing any Request Filtering within IIS on the Server?

Not that I'm aware of.  The only thing in the web.config file is a 'maxallowedcontentlength="300000000"' entry under .

Cisco Employee

I reckoned I should of asked this as well but what OS is TMS and TMSPE installed to?

But give this go since I suspect either something in IIS or corrupt data in the tmspe db:

Restart the IIS on the server and see if that helps. If not, then try the following:

In TMS, go to Admin Tools > Configuration > General > Provisioning Mode and set it to 'Off' and then select 'Save' at the bottom of the page. You should receive a message at the top of the page that says 'Settings Saved'.

Next, set the same setting back to 'Provisioning Extension' and select 'Save' at the bottom of the page. Again, you should get a message at the top of the page saying 'Setting Saved'...but his time you it should also say that a background job as been started and gives you link to the Activity Status page. Select the link to the Activity Status page and you should see the job pending or executing called  "Synchronize phone books with the TMS Provisioning Extension". You will need to select the 'Refresh' button at the bottom of the page to refresh the Activity Status page and the job should actually disappear when it's completed.

By doing this action, your purging the contact data from the tmpse db since I suspect you may have some corrupt data in the db after migrating...since it does appear as though you had some challenges while migrating. If your using FindMe (Video Address Pattern), then the user names and FindMe URIs associated with those users should be in the View Contacts tab on the Provisioning PB Source. If your not using FindMe, and only using the Device URI pattern, then your users will need to re-logon onto their Movi/Jabber clients (if that's what your provisioning) so has to re-populate the Device URI information back to the tmspe db, i.e. the Device URI associated with each user. Once these URIs get re-populated, then they should begin to import to the PB you have associated the Provisioning PB Source to.

And after doing this, if you still have no joy, then collect all the appropriate logs, etc and open a case with TAC

migration fails

This is Windows 2003 SP2.

There is no joy to be found.  It worked initially, but then 2 minutes later it failed again, and it continues to fail.

And guess what?  I found out we forgot to renew our maintenance on TMS....so now it'll be a couple weeks while that gets sorted out before I can even open a TAC case.  :-(

Cisco Employee

migration fails

But did contacts get imported to the PB? For example, did you or do you see any contacts in the PB now?

At any rate and while your waiting to renew your maintenance, and because I have a feeling the problem is within your IIS, and if your familiar with IIS. RDP into the server and open Computer Management window. Go to IIS under Services and Applications. Verify the web site where you have 'tms' and 'tmsagent' installed. Assuming it's under the Default Web Site, ensure you see both 'tms' and 'tmsagent', i.e. you should only have one each, in particular the 'tmsagent'. If so, then verify the directory securities for each of the five virtual directories. You can get the specific details on what these directory securities should be from the Cisco TMS Admin Guide, starting on page 32:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/tms/admin_guide/Cisco_TMS_Admin_Guide_13-2.pdf

migration fails

There are no contacts in the PB now; the PB Source has contacts, but the PB does not.  I do not know if it was like this immediately after the procedures you outlined above; I did not look at that time.

From that document, I see the following information regarding virtual directories:

TMS

Virtual Directory: http://serverIP/tms.  {correct}

Directory Security: Windows Integrated Authentication (default), Basic Authentication or both.  {both}

tms/public

Virtual Directory: http://serverIP/tms/public.  {correct}

Directory Security: Anonymous Access.  {correct}

pwx

Virtual Directory: http://serverIP/pwx.  {correct}

XAPSite

Virtual Directory: http://serverIP/XAPSite.  {correct}

TMSConferenceAPI

Virtual Directory: http://serverIP/TMSConferenceAPI.  {correct}

TMSAgent

Virtual Directory: http://serverIP/TMSAgent.  {correct}

Directory Security: Windows Integrated Authentication (default), Basic Authentication or both. {both}

There are also virtual directories called cdm,  Provisioning, and aspnet_client.  As there is the old TMSNet20AppPool.

Do you think I may benefit from a complete removal of TMS/SQL and reinstallation? (preserving the databases)

If I do that, I may even jump to Win2008R2/SQL Express 2008.  I'm not quite clear on what it takes to migrate the databases from SQL2005 to 2008, if anything though.

Cisco Employee

migration fails

Hi Guys

I had a case with thids exact same issue:

8/20/2012 8:06:02 AM Rebuilding the Provisioning Extension phone books

8/20/2012 8:06:02 AM Provisioning Extension communication error

8/20/2012 8:06:02 AM The event failed to complete. Details: POST http://localhost:8788/pb/sources failed: The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request.

The client had a lot of different phonebook sources and phonebooks. I noticed that some of the phonebooks and phonebook source names contained "off standard" characters like é , . ' / () ô. However I do not know which one of these that caused the headache here but we went through the names and I changed the off characters é = e and ô = o etc...

Once the names was changed the error went away and the phonebook synched and we could see contacts in the phonebook again (before the phonebook was empty but it was contacts in the source, but now it suddenly synched)

I'm not saying you are hitting the same issue here but it might be worth checking the names of your phonebooks and phonebook sources and change them accordingly just to see if this might help as it did in our case.

/Magnus

Cisco Employee

migration fails

Hi Anthony

By the way, MS SQL 2008 is backwards compatible with 2005. So you can restore a 2005 backup on 2008 or attach a 2005 database to 2008 without issues.

/Magnus

migration fails

Thanks Magnus for the SQL information and the phonebook character information..

I went through all the phonebook sources and phonebooks this morning, changing anything that wasn't just a bog-standard alpha character.  This didn't help.  :-(

However, after this I also upgraded TMS from 13.2 to 13.2.1......and my problem appears to have disappeared.  No issues with updating the Provisioning phonebook in 5 hours.

Cisco Employee

Ok, the issue might be seen under different circumstances then. The important thing is that it works for you now even though it would have been great to know the root of this

/Magnus

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content