Views
Helpful
Replies

Mobile numbers in TMS phonebook

George Thomas
Level 10
Level 10

Hello,

I have AD setup as a phonebook source in TMS for video endpoints. I am having an issue where the mobile numbers for users on the TP endpoints are showing up as H320 and hence the calls are failing. I have VCS/TMS connected to CUCM and would like to route mobile calls to CUCM and then out. Is that possible.

Thanks!

Please rate useful posts.
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Then I would look at your zone definitions again.

• TMS must know the endpoint can do H.323/SIP
  • The permissions for the system in Navigator must not be blocking the call options (scheduling settings at bottom of edit settings)
  • The Endpoint must be associated with an IP zone that has a Gateway prefix defined
  • The IP Zone must be associated with an ISDN zone that is configured correctly
  • Route phonebooks = yes

If all that is in place, TMS will be able to route a h323 only endpoint to call ISDN or telephone entries through the gateway prefixes defined in the zone.

If the entries aren't shown, TMS doesn't believe it can do a Gateway call.. because of lack of supported protocols  or registration status failures.

You can test this by creating a simple dummy phonebook with just Voice entries in it.  Then associate that phonebook to your endpoint.  If it's an MXP, you can use the web interface of the endpoint to view the corporate directory phonebook provided by TMS.

If you can't get it working still, I'd recommend calling TAC where they can walk through your configuration with you.

View solution in original post

17 Replies 17

Lawrence James
Level 1
Level 1

H320 is (could be) the correct field, but you would have to add a search rule and possibly also a prefix to route the calls to the CUCM Zone. basically create a rule a that has the following should be a good basis

Protocol - Any

Source - LocalZone

Authentication - determned by your configuration

Mode - Alias Pattern Match

Pattern Type - Regex

Pattern String - [Create sting that looks like how your phone numbers are formated coming from AD]

Pattern Behavior - Replace

New Pattern - New string should contain only the string that CUCM can handle as valid phone number

On Match - Stop

Target - CUCM Zone

From thr AD at on customer site I recieved phone numbers that looked like

(###) ###-####

[INT_PREFIX][COUNTRY_CODE][CITY_CODE][NUMBER6-10_digits]

[COUNTRY_CODE][CITY_CODE][NUMBER6-10_digits]

+1 (###) ###-####

And a few other variations. The search rule 1) looked for the each pattern 2) converted it a number string and added a prefix 3) sent string to CUCM

The prefix told the CUCM that everything after was the number to dial AND confirmed that it was from the internal VCS.

The Source being the local zone confirmed that it was from an internal registered systems.

Thanks for the response. The issue is with the endpoint. I get a error on the endpoint which says "The profile does not have H320/ISDN setup..."

Ok then somewhere the systems are assuming that the number is ISDN and trying to use a Network profile that doesnt exsist.

What type of systems do you have?

Several more options to fix that

1. Hard code network to H323/IP or SIP depending on your primary mode of calling. This is good if you want and know that all calls originating from your systems will be one type or the other AND you know you have all interworking transforms and rules setup properly.

2 Create a prefix for each Network Profile - never had much luck with this since one and you have to strip this prefix off AND it is only availible on some codecs.

Steve Kapinos
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What kind of endpoints are they?

Are you talking about the phonebook via TMSPE or the phonebook for TMS managed systems?

TMSPE phonebooks are not routed, so the contact is provided 'as is' to the endpoint.

For TMS phonebooks, the entry is 'routed' in the sense TMS will adjust entries to match the capabilities of the endpoint and zone deifnitions for that endpoint.  It would only give entries to endpoints as H.320 if it thought the endpoint had H.320 capabilities, otherwise it will route it as a gateway call.

Thanks for your response. Its TMS phonebooks, not TMSPE. I haven't configured zone definition for H320. These are MXP1500 and SX20s.

Make sure the setting ':'

Is set to YES in the Administrative Tools -> Configuration -> General Settings

If your SX is getting H.320 entries, my guess is that setting is set to No.

Hi Steve,

If I set the Route phone book entries to Yes, i dont get the H.320 entries which is what I am after. The customer wants to see all of their end users mobile numbers which is being pulled in as H.320 from AD. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

So they want to take the mobile phone number from AD.. but represent what type of call?

TMS knows the entry represents a telephone number.. so in routing it will try to make the call a ISDN telephone call.  For non-ISDN endpoints, that means routing the call through the IP Zone's gateway definitions.  So TMS will insert the Zone's Telephone gateway prefix and apply the traditional ISDN digit manipulation logic based on the ISDN zone settings.

The endpoint will be told the computed number to dial, and that it should be a telephone quality call.

If you want it to be something besides a telephone quality call... maybe you can have some rules in the network that transform the call?  Not sure if you can 'upgrade' the bandwidth request there.. or fake it out in the gateway's dialplans to actually call a video bandwidth, etc.

Yes, they want to take the mobile phone number from AD and represent a voice call. They want to be able to search for a user in the phonebooks and have the capability to select their mobile number and click dial and a call should be initiated to the mobile number. The issue is, the mobile number shows up as H320 and when you hit dial, the call fails. I have deskphone number coming in as SIP: and that works fine if you click to dial a deskphone.

I dont even get the call to the VCS, if I can i could build the appropriate transforms. As soon as I hit the mobile number, the endpoint says that H320 is not configured in the profile. If I change the parameter Route Phone book entries to yes, then the mobile numbers disappears which is what is expected since I dont have a ISDN gateway registered to VCS, just a SIP trunk to UCM.

I dont understand how to "upgrade" bandwidth, could you explain?

Leave route phonebooks to be routed..

So if a Telephone number is presented to a non-H.320 endpoint, TMS will route it as a gateway call using the settings of the IP Zone and ISDN Zone associated with the endpoint.

In the IP Zone associated with the endpoint, there is a setting for telephone gateway, that will be the number prefixed to the digits to be dialed.  The digits to be dialed will be the mobile number passed through the digit manipulation rules of the ISDN zone.

But instead of using a true gateway prefix for your telephone gateway setting in the IP Zone, use a prefix that your VCS/transforms that will route as needed.  I don't know what your dial plan looks like, but if it doesn't accomodate regular PSTN dialing, you may need to play with the ISDN Zone as well to get the 7 or 10 digit pattern you want.

Hi Steve, I dont see the Telephone gateway setting under Admin Tools -> Locations -> IP Zone. I see a gateway prefix but not the Telephone gateway. 

Under 'Gateway Resource Pool' in editing an IP Zone you have...

'Gateway Auto Prefix'

'Gateway Telephone prefix'

'Gateway 3G prefix'

Those are the prefixes TMS will enter based on the call type for routed digit manipulation

I do have the 2nd one - "Gateway Telephone prefix" set but I dont see the H320 entries once i set the Route phone book entries as Yes.

They won't be H320 entries... they will be H323->ISDN or SIP->ISDN entries

What protocols are enabled on your endpoints?  SIP, H323, both?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: