Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Monitoring VC usage

Hi All,

Does anyone know if there is a way that you can lock a TC software based system, then when a user wants to to make a call they have to either scan their access card or enter their unique credentials into the system before it will allow them to make a call. This is to try monitor exactly who is using the systems. We tried using exchange to monitor who books the rooms but we run into the problem where people just use the VC systems without booking the rooms.

Regards

Edward

3 Replies 3

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Edward!

I am not aware that there is a out of the box solution.

I see with some programming there might be some options around it.

Can you tell us a bit more about your deployment, VCS, CUCM, ...?

Consider asking your Cisco partner or some external consultant for help.

I can picture some ways on how to address your issue, and I guess others would

find an answer as well :-)

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your response,

We are using VCS's and our environment is managed through TMS. Linked to TMS we have TMSXE where we can see who is booking the rooms.

Regards

Edward

I cannot think of anything out of the box that will do this for you.

A drastic solution could be to remove any remotes/touch panels from the rooms so the end users have to use the booking systems to make their calls or ring someone to get their call connected.

Wayne

--

Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: