Helpful
Replies

Move PiP between screens "SX20"

SupportAC
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

I have a customer with CTS-SX20-PHD4X-K9

and TC6.0 that have 2 screen, the customer want to move PiP between the 2 screens , but is not possible.Customer can only move the pip in one screen.

I read few documents that this functionality is only able with touch-panel. But maybe im wrong, could you please clarify this ?

Thanks

Carlos

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Paulo Souza
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

As far as know and according to Cisco documentation, the end users can change PiP position only by using the touch panel. Take a look at this statement taken from de Administrator Guide:

Also, If you read the "Touch Panel User Guide", Cisco states clearly you can move PiP by using touch device. But if you read "Remote Control User Guide", there is nothing related to PiP control by using remote control.

Regards

Paulo Souza

Please rate replies and mark question as "answered" if applicable.

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Paulo Souza
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

As far as know and according to Cisco documentation, the end users can change PiP position only by using the touch panel. Take a look at this statement taken from de Administrator Guide:

Also, If you read the "Touch Panel User Guide", Cisco states clearly you can move PiP by using touch device. But if you read "Remote Control User Guide", there is nothing related to PiP control by using remote control.

Regards

Paulo Souza

Please rate replies and mark question as "answered" if applicable.

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Thanks Paulo.

:d

There is also a listed bug in TC6.x in a dual screen environment (which is currently unresolved) that relates to the selfview PiP overlaying the Full Screen presentation if you show a full screen selfview image on the second monitor. This is highly annoying and maybe the root cause for your question.

This does not occur in TC5, the selfview switches screens when you show a presentation.

Further details can be found in this thread (which also outline a second bug that has now been fixed).

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3944605#3944605

In our view, this means that TC6 as it stands is defunct for dual screen systems and for this reason we have not deployed it to any of our CODECs that use TC builds.

Regards,

Chris

CSCuf74115 is listed as fixed in the TC6.2 release notes.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/endpoint/software/tc6/release_notes/tc_software_release_notes_tc6.pdf

There is also a couple of xconf (also available in the web interface or the admin menu on the endpoint)

which could be of interest here:

*c xConfiguration Video CamCtrlPip CallSetup Duration: 10

*c xConfiguration Video CamCtrlPip CallSetup Mode: On

*c xConfiguration Video PIP ActiveSpeaker DefaultValue Position: Current

*c xConfiguration Video PIP Presentation DefaultValue Position: Current

*c xConfiguration Video Selfview: Off

*c xConfiguration Video SelfviewControl AutoResizing: On

*c xConfiguration Video SelfviewDefault FullscreenMode: Current

*c xConfiguration Video SelfviewDefault Mode: Current

*c xConfiguration Video SelfviewDefault OnMonitorRole: First

*c xConfiguration Video SelfviewDefault PIPPosition: Current

*c xConfiguration Video SelfviewPosition: LowerRight

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Hi Martin,

The "other" bug I am refering to in the above post, is (I believe) CSCuh04746 - C40 layout doesn't switch selfview to first monitor.

This is has certainly NOT been fixed in v6.2 - although I do not seem to have the permission to view the Bug details.

The first issue was annoying, but this issue is just plan ridiculous. You simply cannot use a dual screen setup for the majority of CODECs that us the TC series of software. as the PiP overlays the Presentation IF you have set the Self view to ON and is displayed full screen on the second screen (when the presention is not being sent).

There are way around this, such as those that you have listed above (such as turn self view off or just have the PiP on the same screen as the remote, but this means the second screen remain unused for the majority of the time. As mentioned, the default behaviour in TC5 means that the PiP switches screens.

Check out Tom Kalikajaros great post in the above thread (about half way down - with photos) where he clearly indicates that nature of the beast, which he posted on May 20, 2013 11:48 PM - 2 months ago!!!

Chris

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Carlos, did not check when it was introduced, but at least in TC6.2 you have the command:

(which I would any how recommend regards the dual screen bug mentioned here)

xConfiguration Video SelfviewDefault OnMonitorRole:

can this help you there?

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: