Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Move TMS from Appliance to VM

I want to move my TMS from the low speed appliance server that it is currently running on and onto a much faster and robust VM.

Current TMS is running 13.2, TMS Agent Legacy mode, with approximately 400 manually created Movi users.

I already have TMS 13.2 running and installed in a stand alone fashion on the VM, but have not put any configuraiton on it in reagrds to the VCS and Movi.

So here are my questions for the cutover to the new system:

What should I do first?

• move the TMS Agent backup file from the old TMS over to the new TMS?
  • load up the new TMS for provsioing of Movi 4.4
  • enable provisioing extensions on the new TMS
  • load TMSPE and Movi 4.4 on the old TMS and then create a new backup file and then migrate to new TMS

I cant seem to find any good doceumentation on transitioning from the live appliance to a VM. I am assuming I should just go ahead and move the TMS agent backup file over the the new TMS and then upgtade to Movi 4.4 and then run TMSPE.

Any suggestions that may make my life easier?

Thanks.

Tom

• TelePresence
Everyone's tags (4)
2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Move TMS from Appliance to VM

Hello Tom

Please check this thread:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3661693#3661693

I hope it helps!

Regards

Rafal

Re: Move TMS from Appliance to VM

Hi Tom,

in addition to Rafals posting:

Besides that its technically possible its a question if there are any other license or functionality based limitations.

The appliance serial numbers start with 80B and the software only version with 80A

If I remember it right the appliance is not ment for clustering, ...

Further as we do not know much about your deployment the answers are more generic

and there is always a chance that there might be a better/different solution for you.

I did not completely understand you, like "load up the new TMS for provsioing of Movi 4.4"

If you talk about the XML file, I would upload it as soon as possible, you should have the

device templates for all systems you want to provision in place.

Regards an order,

I would backup the provisioning (opends) database, stop all the tms services, backup or detach the

old sql database, restore or reattach the new database, reinstall the same tms version, restore the

opends backup and do a possible upgrade (like 13.2.1) and install TMSPE if really wanted.

If you do it like this you can revert to opends if you do not like TMSPE.

Rember that you can not change or add any user specific setting setting.

Its only possible to handle that on a group level, this is why I recommend to check

first if TMSPE is suitable for your needs.

I would also see how I can move away the manual account handling (ldap / ad).

Tom (and all other): please rate the answers using the stars below!

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.