Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MOVI and VCS expressway Starter Pack Design overview

Hi Gents,

I have a question regarding the design of the VCS expressway Starter Pack for MOVI.

I have an ADSL modem (configured with DynDNS) connected to Firewall (outside interface of Fortiget) then the same connected to the LAN using the inside interface. Right now my VCS connected via LAN1 interface to my LAN (switch).

So my question is how I can make MOVI to register to the VCS from outside?

Options0 Non Traversal Calls, 5 Traversal Calls, 50 Registrations, 900 TURN Relays, Expressway, Encryption, FindMe, Starter Pack.

Thanks

Naoufal

4 Replies 4

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Not sure if you already had a look at the below discussion

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3510128#3510128

HTH

I have only one VCS. Can I use only the same for Control and expressway?

The LAN1 Interface should be connected to my LAN and LAN2 to be connected to Outside?

Thanks

Naoufal

Technically yes you can

Butnit is not best practice design

Hope this help

First of all, he is using the expressway starter package, so sure, this implies that a single VCS setup is best practice! :-)

The dual network interface option would be needed for this setup (even if you only use a signle interface

but you want to use NAT). This option exists for the starter pack as well,part number: LIC-VCS-DI

The critical part here will be the dyndns setup. The dual interface option requires an external IP (see vcs admin guide).

For lab usage you could do some dirty scripting to check if the external IP changed and set this up on the

VCS and restart the service, for a prodcution network I would get a real non nated ipv4 ip for the VCS in a DMZ

or a static ip and the dual interface option.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: