Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Movi Phonebook search issue VCS X7.2.2 & TMS 14.3.1

Hi,

I have just upgraded a VCS control to X7.2.2 and the TMS to 14.3.1.  The TMS was previously running 13.1.1 with TMS Agent for provisioning the Movi users.  I foloowed the Cisco TMS upgrade procedure and went to 13.2 and installed TMSPE V1.0.  The VCS was then switched from TMS Agent to Provisioning Extension.  After all Health Checks showed OK, TMS was upgraded to 14.3.1 and TMSPE to V1.1.

TMSPE health check shows all items green and the provisioned users group does have access to the relevant phonebook.  The VCS shows all the users, entries, contact methods, folders and access control has been imported from TMS.

I disabled TLS in the VCS SIP settigns and ran a Wireshark capture on a laptop with the Movi client registered.  My search request to phonebook@SIP domain can be seen with the search string in the message body.  A reply is also present indicating that no match could be found, despite several matching entries exisitng in the phonebook.

Any suggestions as to how to resolve this will be greatfully received.

Thanks, Paul Richardson

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: Movi Phonebook search issue VCS X7.2.2 & TMS 14.3.1

What Movi version are you running?

Do you have schema for that version in TMSPE and have you configured a template based on that schema?

Is this a single VCS or cluster?

What type of phonebook source or sources are you associating with the phonebook?

I assume you see entries in both the pb source and phonebooks? And these are SIP type entries, i.e. test@test.com?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

What Movi version are you running?

Do you have schema for that version in TMSPE and have you configured a template based on that schema?

Is this a single VCS or cluster?

What type of phonebook source or sources are you associating with the phonebook?

I assume you see entries in both the pb source and phonebooks? And these are SIP type entries, i.e. test@test.com?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Hi Dale,

We are running Movi 4.1, as our VCS was previously at X5.1.1 and we could not use a newer client.  I have a schema for that version installed and have configured a template from the schema.

The VCS is a single unit and has the Device Provisioning Option Key.

My Provisioning Phonebook sources are two file based phone books and the Provisioning Source (which reads the TMS Provisioning Directory.)  All three are updated at 5 minute intervals with the Update Type as Import to TMS.  SIP and H323 entries are visible in the sources and the Provisioning Phonebook.  All SIP entries are in the username@domain format.

These entries are also visible on the VCS under Status>Applications>TMS Provisioning Extension services>Phone book>Entries.

Checking under Status>Applications>TMS Provisioning Extension services>Phone book>>User access shows that I am allowed to access the Provisioning Phonebook folder.

Cheers, Paul R.

I have now solved the issue.  It turned out to be a typo in the User Setings on TMS under Systems>Provisioning>Users.  Video Address Pattern & Device Address Pattern were set at root level and applied to the directory below containing my users.

I had looked at this several times and missed the typo.  Sometimes we see what we want to see, not what is there.

Thanks to Dale for his reply.

Cheers, Paul R.

Cisco Employee

Yup, those damn typos Thanks for following up

Dale

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content