Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

MSE 8000. How to connect rectifiers?

Hello.

I have MSE 8000 and 2 Eltec Valere rectifiers. How to connect rectifiers to the MSE? Rectifier have two output marked "Positive" "Negаtive" and MSE8000 have two input marked "-48V" and "RTN". I guess that I must connect -48V to Negative  and RTN to Positive, but I am not sure and MSE8000 cost very expensive...and I'm afraid to make a mistake. In getting started guide it is not clear. And another question about serial connecrion between MSE8000 supervisor and  rectifiers. Where is serial port placed on rectifiers and how is it marked? Is it LAN port on the back of the rectifier?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES
VIP Purple

Hello Andrey -

The MSE 8000 Getting Started Guide covers everything you're looking for, starting on page 18 on connecting the power.  The getting started guides has diagrams and notes what each cable is.

The serial cable plugs into the back of each power shelf, there is a port on the back of the power shelves between two of the power outlets, see page 19 of the guide, and that plugs into the two serial ports on the back of the MSE 8000.

If you haven't figured it out in the next few days, etc, and I'm out at our data center, I'll take a few pictures of ours for reference.

Hello Patric.

Thank you.

I'm plugging that way, but doubts remained.

It will be good if you send me photo of yours connections.

Drawing from page 19:

Bildschirmfoto 2014-01-22 um 14.59.02.png

Text from page 20:

The color coding of DC power cables is not generally standardized. Cisco supplies one black and one red cable with each power shelf. Unless national or local regulations apply, assign these to the -VDC and RTN connections according to usual practice at your facility. 

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content