Views
Helpful
Replies

Multi Point Conference from Cisco Video Phone 99XX

bobby.jacob
Level 1
Level 1

Hi experts,

This is to check with you whether i could make Multi Point Calls from cisco video phones(99XX)?

We have VCS (X6.1) and MCU 4515. I had configured a permanent conference no with 5555 with prefix 8 on MCU.

Do  i need to Configure both VCS and MCU as a SIP Trunk on CUCM? and  configure Route pattern for VCS Endoints and MCU Conference Numbers?

So that from Cisco video phone user will be able to dial into MCU Conference.

Thanks

Bobby

1 Reply 1

Patrick Pettit
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

HI Bobby.  Best approach would be to follow the CUCM and VCS:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/vcs/config_guide/Cisco_VCS_Cisco_Unified_Communications_Manager_Deployment_Guide_CUCM_6-1_7_8_and_X6.pdf

You can register MCU on VCS for VCS endpoints to use MCU as well, and depending on your route pattern configuration towards the SIP trunk on CUCM, 99XX phones can join up as well. 

I don't particularly know your dial plan that well to offer advice, but if you have CUCM with SIP trunk to VCS and MCU either registered as H323 or SIP, 99XX phones or other devices should be able to hit the route pattern towards this trunk and join calls if required. 

Best place to start though is go through the deployment guide for X6 and CUCM integration, and tweek rules etc once you get calls routing to and from VCS. 

Hope this helps. 

VR

Patrick

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: