Level 1

VCS Control Running 8.1

Codian 5320 MCU   running 4.4(3.42)

CUCM running 9.1

EX90 running TC5.1.5.297625

SX20 TC6.2.0.20b1616

EX90 & SX20 > Registered to VCS

8945 > Registered to CUCM

MCU is registered with CUCM and VCS both.

When i initiate a multiway call between my EX90, SX20 and 8945 which connects via the SIP trunk to CUCM then i get a call merge failed error message. 

For Example:

I call an IP endpoint on CUCM from the EX90

Place this call on hold

Call an SX20 and get connected

Hit merge and it fails.

I can't seem to get the calls to merge

i am able to get the calls into a single conference,by dialing MCU schedule conference.

- Configured SIP Route Pattern.

- Increased SIP Max Incoming Message Size.

- Changed Advanced Zone Profile to Custom in VCS.

Does multiway not support getting an video call from CUCM?

Regards,

Mohammad  

15 Replies 15

Patrick Pettit
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Mohammad. When you run the merge does the call makes it to the MCU? You have the MCU to accept the call and create new add hoc conference? To remove CUCM from the equation here, does Multiway work with VCS registered endpoints only? Multiway will work with CUCM, but let's make sure it works on VCS only endpoints first if possible.

VR
Patrick

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Hi Patrick,

Unfortunately, we have only 2 video end points. Yes, i checked the logs that when i merged the call makes it to the MCU. Third window appears asking for conference id and pin but suddenly error pop up "merged call failed". Yes, you are right that we need to check whether its working with VCS first....

Regards,

Mohammad

An easy test is, can everyone who should be able to be joined reach the multiway and the mcu-multiway prefix,

also the ones from the outside.

Like:

multiway@yourdomain.com

and

880012345@yourdomain.com

if that fails the joining would most likely fail as well.

The conductor can be very handy for multiway as well.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

From EX90 and SX20, they can join both ways by dialing multiway@yourdomain.com & 880012345@yourdomain.com.

But from IP Phone 8945, user can join by dialing only 880012345@yourdomain.com to Multiway.

Patrick Pettit
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Ho Mohammad. You shouldn't see the MCU ask for a pin or conference id. It should create the conference automatically. Verify "calls to unknown e164 or auto attendants" is set to create new ad hoc conference. If it is, make sure there is no pin requirement and try the call again. Let us know.

VR
Patrick

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Hi Patrick,

I am seeing the MCU asking for PIN or conference id....

Regards,

Mohammad

You shouldn't.  Check Settings>Conferences page, and verify "Require PIN for Ad Hoc Conferences" is unchecked. 

Can you verify?

VR

Patrick

Its unchecked..

Regards,

Mohammad

Ok.  Can you verify the following?  This is 4.4(3.57)

pic.png

Software version4.4(3.42)
Build6.18(3.42)

mcu.png

Patrick Pettit
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Ahh. I see.  You must have media reserveration mode enabled on the MCU. Can you disable, and it should give you the option to "create new ad hoc conference" in that drop down box.  Can you disable and check?

VR

P2

Yes, I agree with Patrick, if the port reservation option is set the option for the auto create of conferences is gone.

But still, you should look into the conductor and personal addresses for multiway, thats really handy.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Thanks Patrick/Martin, Now its not asking for any PIN.

So is the merge failing still for CUCM endpoint?  And is the merge successful for the other two endpoints on VCS since we have this cleared up now? 

VR

Patrick