Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MX 800 - Downgrade software version

Hello,

Is it possible to downgrade the software version of the MX 800 to TC.6.3.

For information, the MX 800 is by default TC 7.1.2.

Please help.

Thx

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Robb
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

It is not, the software looks like this: s52020tc7_1_4.pkg and would not run the 00,10, and 30 versions (C series, SX20 / MX[3,2]00-G2, and SX10 software respectively)

The earliest version it will run and that is available is the 7.1.1 release.

-Jonathan

View solution in original post

If you go to the MX800 software download page, the listed software versions are the only versions that can be installed on that particular device.  As Jonathan noted, each codec or series of codecs have a specific TC software file number, meaning you can only install the software that matches the file number relevant to the codec you're installing it on.  It's confusing I know, but it's because as codecs evolve, such as OSD interfaces or features change, and not all features will work on all codecs, they need some way to change and/or limit these items across the different platforms.

As Jonathan had suggested, if you want or need to register in H323, you'll have to not us SIP, as the MX800 is single stack only, meaning it can only register using one protocol, not both.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jonathan Robb
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

It is not, the software looks like this: s52020tc7_1_4.pkg and would not run the 00,10, and 30 versions (C series, SX20 / MX[3,2]00-G2, and SX10 software respectively)

The earliest version it will run and that is available is the 7.1.1 release.

-Jonathan

Hello Jonathan,

Thanks for your quick reply.

Cisco recommend to downgrade our MX800 to TC6 to be able to register in H323.

I'm quite confused.

Is it possible to downgrade the MX800 with TC6 ?

Hi,

It is not possible as far as I know.

For registering as H.323, this should work just fine.  You can not dual register the SX80/MX700/MX800 yet so you would need to disable SIP registration first,  is this what you are hitting?

-Jonathan

If you go to the MX800 software download page, the listed software versions are the only versions that can be installed on that particular device.  As Jonathan noted, each codec or series of codecs have a specific TC software file number, meaning you can only install the software that matches the file number relevant to the codec you're installing it on.  It's confusing I know, but it's because as codecs evolve, such as OSD interfaces or features change, and not all features will work on all codecs, they need some way to change and/or limit these items across the different platforms.

As Jonathan had suggested, if you want or need to register in H323, you'll have to not us SIP, as the MX800 is single stack only, meaning it can only register using one protocol, not both.

Perfect.

For information, my VCS C version is X7.